I see a new variation on the Chic Trac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see a new variation on the Chic Trac

Usually I will not cross post something from Retail Hell Underground but THIS just irks me to no end.

I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

I used to get those handed to me when I worked in retail. Except that they resembled Australian $50s or $100s.

They also pissed me off to no end.

Comment

Why would Heaven need a bank?
      "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Wait, was that supposed to be the tip they left? Cheapskates!
        I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
          Wait, was that supposed to be the tip they left? Cheapskates!
          Well, they also left the $0.53 change too.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I've been seeing things like that for years.

Once, when I was a bagger at Kroger, I got something done up to look like an extremely high-value US bill, but the currency was "ameros". Turn it over and the back was a paranoid rant about how the servants of the antichrist wanted to unify North America into a single nation like the EU, fill our country with those heathen brown people, change the currency to Ameros (which would not trust in God like real American money), and generally act to destroy our proud and God-fearing nation.

I still have it somewhere. Possibly sitting with the stack of Chick Tracts I've collected over the years.
            "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
            TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

I have never seen that before and am now aggravated by the knowledge of its existence.

If I got this regularly while working I'd do up some of my own but for Islam and hand them back with the change.

Comment

Ugh, I hate stuff like that. It's just... If you're too cheap to tip then just don't tip. Don't give one of these stupid things to hide your cheapness behind your religion. Besides, that would be from JESUS, not YOU. You didn't do ANYTHING.

Side note, can I say that I wish all restaurants would figure out the tip like that on the bottom of their receipts? When I'm full of food I really don't want to do even simple math, so that would be useful lol!

Comment

Man, I wanna see a tract advocating high fashion.
                  "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                  ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                    I used to get those handed to me when I worked in retail. Except that they resembled Australian $50s or $100s.
                    They have those in the States too. Most of the ones I've seen have the name of a church printed on them. One of my friends who used to work as a stripper got one of those as a "tip" once. I can't even begin to point out all the things wrong with that.

If I ever got one as a tip, I'd take it back to the church it came from and leave it in the collection plate.
                    Last edited by MadMike; 09-22-2014, 05:09 AM.
                    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I once got one of those as a tip as a waiter -- made to look just like half of a five (or much bigger, sometimes) when placed properly -- inside, words to the effect of "Were you expecting this to be money? A greater reward than this awaits the faithful in heaven...." blah blah. No tip whatsoever on it, either.

I'm Christian, and I seem to recall there being some rule against lying/decption ~_~ Hrm, maybe it's just me.

Aaaand, while it may be anecdotal, I have heard a story or two about pastors finding out that their flocks pulled this kind of bullshit -- and that their response was to make a brand-new sermon talking, lying, and about how people should be generous and help those who are in less fortunate financial positions than they in other words, tip your server!
                      "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
                      "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Last edited by static; 06-09-2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X