Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Receipt Check Dumbassery

This time at Costco

-SC is asked to show his receipt as he exits, he refuses.
    -(possibly sucky) employee grabs his cart to stop him from leaving.
    -SC grabs the employee by the shirt collar.
    -Another employee comes up from behind, does some martial arts thing, and ends up breaking SCs leg.
    -Now SC is suing costco for damages.

It sounds like there was suck on both sides, but I'm thinking the customer may have been the suckier one if he assaulted the employee over this. Sure, he shouldn't have had his leg broken, but if he was being exceptionally aggressive, it might have been heat of the moment.

Or they could both be overzealous assholes.

I do agree the SC is right in that membership cancellation should have been the penalty rather than grabbing the cart.

But grabbing the cart is not grabbing a person. The SC could have just demanded a manager. When he put hands on the employee, he changed the dynamic of what was going on.
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Reading the comments it seems this guy tried to sue Costco before about checking receipts and lost! He should have been banned forever then BEFORE he (KNOWING THE POLICY THAT HE SIGNED UP FOR) put his hands on an employee.

Also I cannot believe how many people in the comments feel that because he simply grabbed the employee by the collar and refused to let him go that it wasn't assault because he didn't touch the employee just their clothing!

Comment

Working...
      X