Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously?! There are some things you simply don't joke about!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously?! There are some things you simply don't joke about!!!

Today at work, a co-irker decided to show me a picture of something - a t-shirt emblazoned with 'It's not rape...it's a snuggle with a struggle' and this person accompanied it with the comment, "This is too much even for me, and I don't understand why people get so upset about rape jokes."

I lost it. Completely fucking lost it. On the call floor. And I really don't care who heard me. I told her off over thinking that rape is even something to joke about at all! And then I turned around before I punched her in the mouth.

And then she started going on about how she doesn't like it when people shove their opinion down her throat, all passive-aggressive.

I'm sorry, but who in their right fucking mind would find rape something to joke about? At all? And she thinks that people shouldn't be so uptight and serious about the topic? She's part of the fucking problem!

Up until that moment, she was a friend. Not any longer. I will not associate with somebody who openly admits that they feel that rape can be joked about.

For me, I think it depends on how rape is being joked about. Joking about it as a legitimate issue, as seen in "Here's your rape"? That's funny in a dark way, which is a purpose of comedy. Something like that shirt? Oh hell no. The joke should never come at the expense of the victim.

Agree that the coworker is not a friend you want though.
    I has a blog!

Comment

If that was the way my coworker was meaning then I wouldn't as angry as I am. And her passive-aggressive bullshit did nothing to calm me down.

Comment

I'm with you patiokitty. There isn't anything funny about rape at all. I hate the now-common phrase, or variants of, sometimes used in sport like: "oh that quarterback got raped on that play." It trivialises the crime of rape.

Comment

Working...
        X