White woman sues for accidentally being impregnated with black man's sperm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D_Yeti_Esquire View Post
    Keep in mind that a lot of racism is self directed. That is, a lot of people believe themselves to be not racist and yet become extremely self-conscious about questions of race.
    For the sake of the kid, I hope that this lady and her partner really are the (more or less) only non-racists in that community. I hope, far more urgently, that the racists where she is are a tiny, vocal minority and nothing more, but...that seems unlikely. The ideal, as much as she perhaps wants to avoid it, save as a last resort, would be to get the hell out of Dodge, and find somewhere more welcoming. Is there a 100%-ideal place out there? Probably not. But just about anything would be better than this 90+% unwelcoming environment.

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
    Since it indicates that had her child been white she would have been perfectly okay with them growing up in a close minded, racist environment. So she would have been okay with her own child absorbing these things in the community had her child been white. That is, of course, if the community is indeed as horrific as she makes it out to be.
    Makes me worry about the kid even more -- had she been all-white, she potentially would have turned out to be exactly the sort of person Mom says she hates. This raises some obvious questions about Mommy Dearest and her own view of things.

99% of the time, when someone starts talking by saying "I'm not racist/sexist/prejudiced, but...," it means they're about to say something incredibly racist/sexist/prejudiced.

And yes, this lawsuit is exceedingly cruel to the child as it will forever be attached to her name on the internet.
    Indeed. The partners here can simply never tell her about it, but the information is in the wild, now. Sooner or later, the kid WILL find out, and it probably won't be pretty.
    "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
    "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
      er, i can easily imagine if a black woman ends up with a child that ends up with a fair few white racial traits, and ends up taking the kid to places that are predominatly white to deal with them, the black mother may be made to feel 'outcast' by the white people. (YYMV, but the op lives in a racist area, so too shall my hypothetical mom).
      I'm not sure what sort of genetics you are imagining let alone what specific white trait you think would actually be dominant and require special consideration. -.-

also, the mom doesn't say how much she doesn't want the kid. in every article i've read (a good 7 or 8 by now) it says that her and her partner both love the hell outta the kid. it's the extended family that is the problem. so this "mom hates me" is bullshit. it's "i have a diffrent daddy than mom expected!"
      the kid will be less fucked up by that than, say, the kids who'se moms have hit Maury for the 10th paternety test.
      First of all, you are the only person in this thread to even use the word hate. So don't pin that on us. No one said that.

Second of all, I am quoting her exact words from the court documents. She specifically says fear, anger, anxiety and depression. She specifically says, as I noted in my last post, that while they love her she is still filled with constant fear and anxiety.

And that all of this is SO severe that it amounts to massive financial damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        First of all, you are the only person in this thread to even use the word hate. So don't pin that on us. No one said that.
        you yourself said "I'm talking about when the kid is old enough to Google her name and watches interviews of her mom going on about how terrible it is to have to have this child. "

but she isn't. the primary complaint is that she got the wrong donor for the kid. the wrong 'baby daddy'.
        and you can have the wrong baby daddy and still love the kid. the kid doesn't have to have a complex over it.

all the other concerns, anxiety, etc are not about the kid. they are about the community she lives in. if her child had the right donor, the child's life would be easier. but because the child is mixed, the morons in their village will pick on her. if they were adopting, they would have adopted a while child for the same reason. none wants to raise a kid in a hostile environment.
        hence why they were advised to move.

also, stop nitpicking the race-reversal argument. the point is, if a black woman ended up with a mixed child by accident, and was suing over it, no-one would give a shit.
        edit: frankly the idea that the kid wouldn't have enough "white trait"s is kinda laughable. there are stupid people out there that think that mixed kids aren't "black enough". hell saw some of that bullshit when obama went to office. a mixed child won't necessarily be accepted if they live in a community racist against whites.
        Last edited by siead_lietrathua; 10-09-2014, 12:50 AM.
        All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Actually mixed kids can have more white traits. My son and daughter have the same father who is black and my daughter has white type hair and not black hair like her father and brother. Therefore if she had been born to a black mother then the black mother would have to deal with a different hair type.

Comment

but she isn't. the primary complaint is that she got the wrong donor for the kid. the wrong 'baby daddy'. and you can have the wrong baby daddy and still love the kid. the kid doesn't have to have a complex over it.
            No one said she couldn't love the kid. Quite the contrary. But again, we're talking about The Internet Is Forever here. The entire basis of this is that this woman did not get the child that she wanted. Which caused so much grief she thought it was worthy of being awarded legal damages. There is no amount of sugar coating that will change that. Those are the facts and this kid will eventually find out about them a source other than mom.

This is not a matter of the wrong "baby daddy". She did not receive the child they wanted and the result of that allegedly ruined mommy emotionally. Her fear, anger and disappointment are a direct result of finding out she is not getting the child she wanted and are a matter of court record.

In legal terms this lawsuit is saying A) She ordered something and got the wrong product due to negligence and B) That product was defective. As I have already explained twice now; Wrongful birth is a very specific type of malpractice tort the basis of which is that there is something irreparable wrong with the child.

This kid will find out about this and she will see all of this and it will not be pretty. It will be even worse if someone else at school finds out about it first during her teen years.

Never mind the fact that there's no way this little girl isn't going to pick up on mom's emotional distress if it is as bad as the mother claims it is in the court documents. She could mess this poor kid up unconsciously.

all the other concerns, anxiety, etc are not about the kid. they are about the community she lives in. if her child had the right donor, the child's life would be easier. but because the child is mixed, the morons in their village will pick on her. if they were adopting, they would have adopted a while child for the same reason. none wants to raise a kid in a hostile environment.
            hence why they were advised to move.
            And yet, like we were saying, if the community is really as awful as this woman says it is then she was previously totally willing to raise a child in it. Had that child been able to visually fit in with the rest of the shitheads she's supposedly surrounded by. Whether or not her child grows up to be a racist shithead wasn't much of a concern. Only that she can fit in with the rest of the Klan members. -.-

also, stop nitpicking the race-reversal argument. the point is, if a black woman ended up with a mixed child by accident, and was suing over it, no-one would give a shit.
            I'm not nitpicking, I'm just pointing out the reverse scenario is genetically unrealistic. There are no dominant white traits that would require any sort of special consideration and a child that is half black and half white would likely have less contrast to her black parent than the reverse.

As for anyone not giving a shit, you vastly underestimate the depths of the Republican voter base. People would give a shit alright, but it would be a much more horrific, reprehensible manner in a different public arena for different reasons. >.>

hell saw some of that bullshit when obama went to office. a mixed child won't necessarily be accepted if they live in a community racist against whites.
            What little of that occurred was and is continually drowned out by an unrelenting klaxon siren of THE PRESIDENT IS BLACK HIDE YOUR WIFE HIDE YOUR KIDS. Its practically the entire basis of Republican policy making. No one's sending chain emails around the office or drawing awful political cartoons making fun of Obama because of his white parentage.

America doesn't care about your half-white side. Especially if you are half-black. If you're half-black in America, you're black. No matter what the other half was. President Obama? First black president. Tiger Woods? Black golfer. Bob Marley? Black singer. Alicia Keys? Black singer. Halle Barry? Black actress. Jimmy Hendrix? Black musician.

So on and so forth. If you don't match one of the three acceptable shades of white in the US you are automatically black. If you are half black and half anything else not white you are automatically black. Its sad but that's the way it works in America.
            Last edited by Gravekeeper; 10-09-2014, 04:15 AM.

Comment

And yet, like we were saying, if the community is really as awful as this woman says it is then she was previously totally willing to raise a child in it.
              And it's vastly different depending on the apparent race of the child. A white kid, the only issue is that you have to do extra work to be sure they understand the prevailing attitude is wrong. A black one, and she's on the receiving end.
              "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
              X