Thank you Mr. Buttars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Mr. Buttars

Yes, seriously thank you. You too Sandra Rodrigues and Jonas Filho of America Forever. No really, thank you. You're public display of bigotry has done more for the equality movement than I could hope to achieve in a lifetime. For the first time even the people of Utah (progress only comes here when forced upon us by the feds) are starting to see just how evil people like you are. And more importantly, the bigots and homophobes, at least temporarily are being forced into hiding so that they aren't associated with you. Best of all, you are showing on the federal scale the importance of NOT leaving stuff like equal rights at the state level. With luck you will sway the court hearings over prop 8 the RIGHT direction... we can hope that no judge in the nation is stupid enough to decide in a way that makes it look like they agree with you (yeah, I can dream, but still).
    The one thing that disturbs me though, you in less than an hour of hateful speech did more to convince my mother that we need equality than her seeing me for over 22 years being a good and true person did... and I know she is in good company with that. It does sadden me that it takes hatred to cure hatred, but if that's what it takes, I'll take it.
    "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

I am not familiar with this story. Do you have a link? I can always Google, but if you have a few sources you'd like to share, t'would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
      I am not familiar with this story. Do you have a link? I can always Google, but if you have a few sources you'd like to share, t'would be appreciated.
      ask and ye shall receive.... I'll attach all the relevant links
      Walsh: anti-gays, may you get cash
      Buttars refuses to apologize
      Buttars' statement that started this whole thing
      America Forever's role

eta
      Tribune agrees with my assessment that Buttars is helping equality movement
      Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 02-21-2009, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Buttars quote: "It's the beginning of the end."

How is it possible that someone could go around making bat-shit insane statements like this and still be elected Senator?

Comment

Bat-shit insane voters, I guess.

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Seriously. The comments on those first 2 articles alone make me shake my head.

Comment

The most delicious part, if I'm any judge of character, is that the more he realizes he's driving people away, the more he'll decide he's being persecuted and the more batshit-insane soundbites he'll give the press. Mmm, yummy cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia727 View Post
                The most delicious part, if I'm any judge of character, is that the more he realizes he's driving people away, the more he'll decide he's being persecuted and the more batshit-insane soundbites he'll give the press. Mmm, yummy cycle.
                why do you think I say he's probably the best thing to ever happen to the equality movement... he'll only get more bat-shit insane and only drive more people to center.

Comment

Working...
                X