Even our mellow neighbors to the North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even our mellow neighbors to the North

Have problems with law enforcement going " a little too far" with excessive force and if you will getting away with it.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/12/16...good-samaritan

http://oppblock.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=515

Tonie Farrell tried to assist a woman who was assaulted and tried to get the police officer to chase the suspect. Officer told her to " SHUT THE FUCK UP" Officer then claims Farrell "poked" him to which he responded by sweep kicking Farrell (breaking her leg in the process crushing her knee cap) then sucker punching her, threw her to the ground smacked her again and then proceeded to put his knee into her back with his full weight.

Farrell was then placed in a police curiser but no medical attention was given.

Farrell can no longer work, has had many operations on her knee, and has neurological problems.

The Special Investagitive Unit (Internal Affairs to us here in the US) determined
    the officer did nothing wrong.

After 2 years a Judge threw out the assault change against Farrell. ^There are calls for the SIU to reopen the investigation and the SUI refused to provide ANY information to Farrell's lawyer.

I seem to remember that maybe 4 or 5 years ago during a G8 or G20 summit the cops also got a a little rambunctious in their sweeps including one incident where several bystanders beaten just because they happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 01-01-2015, 08:31 PM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

She gets beat up and this douchebag cop charges her with assault. So typical.

Comment

it was a G20 summit, IIRC, and that was a UK incident. Bear in mind that the G20 incident was cops from a special unit, IIRC ( Diplomatic protection group, IIRC) which are there to act as guards- so they tend to have far more of an us-agianst-them attitude. ( it caused particular indignation when they deliberately removed their identfying information from their uniforms first- mianly because it meant they KNEW they were breaking the rules)

granted as well, the cop at the G20 summit that killed the guy accidentally didn't precisely get away with it- he was shielded from getting charged with manslaughter, but I'm 99% sure he got fired.

Comment

We had problems in 2009 when Pittsburgh hosted the G20. There were a few incidents where police went too far. But, the other cases...involved protestors hurling rocks and bottles at cops, refusing to leave, breaking windows...and then crying "brutality" when they were dealt with.

In this case, what the fuck? The cop attacks the woman, and *she* gets charged with assault? I'm surprised he didn't mention that it happened because "she asked for it"

Comment

If I was better at image manipulation, I'd make some kind of poster meme.

Beats up woman.

(generic picture of cop)

Charges her with assault.

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
            There are calls for the SIU to reopen the investigation and the SUI refused to provide ANY information to Farrell's lawyer.
            To clarify this one a bit more: The officer refused to provide any information to the Ontario SIU to begin with. He would not hand over his case notes or allow himself to be interviewed by them. Though the question remains why is there no disciplinary reprecussions for refusing to co-operate with the SIU. However, the SIU is reviewing the case again to decide whether or not to re-open the probe.

Which they most likely will. Because the SIU is overseen/watched itself by the office of the Omsbudsman, and she is currently pissed about this. So either they re-open the probe or the office of the Omsbudsman launches a probe into the SIU. Which I'm sure they would like to avoid.

On an unrelated note: The victim was still in her Tim Horton's uniform when the officer attacked her. Making this the single most un-Canadian thing I have ever heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
              On an unrelated note: The victim was still in her Tim Horton's uniform when the officer attacked her. Making this the single most un-Canadian thing I have ever heard of.
              well there were also no moose* around, which is also un-Canadian.

*unless it were an undercover moose disguised as a fireplug or something.
              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                She gets beat up and this douchebag cop charges her with assault. So typical.
                Naturally! Do you know the most common means through which members of the general public assault cops? Simple - by repeatedly slamming their face into the officer's fist.

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                Wow! That officer broke the 11th Commandment, namely "Thou shalt not lay the beat-down on the person who dispenses thy donuts".

Comment

Working...
                X