Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father loses job after encouraging and supporting kids' bullying

Article

The father in the aforementioned video caught his adopted black daughter's peers sending racist and bullying snapchats and he recorded one of the snapchats and tried to get a hold of the father, after learning another kid committed suicide due to bullying. After a few failed attempts at contacting him, he went to the police after which they finally met. The father not only defended his kids' actions, but also said he encouraged his behavior saying they use the n-word all the time at the house and he doesn't see what the big issue is.

He recorded some voicemails afterwards of this loser sounding a bit inebriated calling him a f-g and a n-lover, and after getting a hold of him and gaining his "permission" posted this on YouTube while disclosing his name.

The video quickly went viral and now this lame excuse for a human being is without a job. He probably still doesn't know what the big deal about bullying and racism is, and he probably won't ever know, but I'm hoping his kids who are seeing this whole thing have enough time to turn their attitudes around and realize what kind of a loser father they have and how to become better people when they grow up.

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
    He probably still doesn't know what the big deal about bullying and racism is, and he probably won't ever know, but I'm hoping his kids who are seeing this whole thing have enough time to turn their attitudes around and realize what kind of a loser father they have and how to become better people when they grow up.
    Unfortunately, more likely he'll just teach his kids that black-loving race traitors took his job away because they're a bunch of thin-skinned pussy fags, and that's why his kids didn't get any birthday presents this year.

If there's anything bigots are good at, it's shifting blame.
    "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
    TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

I'm more than a little conflicted about this. On the one hand, it feels so right, but on the other, I generally believe it's none of your work's business what you do off the clock.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
        I'm more than a little conflicted about this. On the one hand, it feels so right, but on the other, I generally believe it's none of your work's business what you do off the clock.
        If he mentioned his place of employment or was wearing something that identified him as an employee of said company, then yeah, they're going to take notice.

There were photos of supermarket employees "planking" when that was a thing and while they were doing it off the clock (ie unpaid breaks or before/after shifts), they all got canner because they were wearing their uniform.

Comment

People's actions have consequences. If this weren't so high profile and viral, I doubt the employer would have even known much less done something about it.

Now that his name is out there and people can identify him based on his name alone, anyone who objects to this kind of harassment is going to distance themselves from him as much as they can, whether it's by breaking up as friends or firing him. After all, you'd hate to have to admit you know this guy, much less still talk to him.

Comment

Originally posted by KabeRinnaul View Post
            If there's anything bigots are good at, it's shifting blame.
            I was going to post this on the "Cake" thread, but it works just as well here. Seems the father of Adolf Hitler Campbell lost his kids because of that cake incident...and is now blaming "the Jews" for his children being taken away.

No asshole. The reason your kids got taken away, and your many ex-wives are testifying against you...is because you're an abusive piece of shit. Didn't help either that he showed up in full Nazi regalia at the hearing either

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
              Didn't help either that he showed up in full Nazi regalia at the hearing either
              Are you serious, who does that?!
              "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Valentine View Post
                Are you serious, who does that?!
                The guy who re-names his kid "Adolf Hitler" and blames "the Jews" for losing custody of his kids. You know; a moron.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't know. I've known many morons in my life who would really hate to be put in the same category as this guy. I think he's in a league of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                    I think he's in a league of his own.
                    Yep, "weapons-grade" stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                      I agree to a point. But the problem is two fold. First of all if you're a fuckhead and you're making that fact repeatedly public its definately a problem for your employer. Second of all, if you're a fuckhead off the clock, you're probably one on the clock too.

So you're a liability to you employer. Both its reputation and its day to day operation. This guy revealed himself to be a racist asshole. Not only does that reflect poorly on his company ( Which was a financial firm, so at least somewhat high profile ) but being a racist asshole directly impacts his ability to work with others. Both coworkers and clients.

If he's totally okay with his children bullying people, then what is he okay with doing to his coworkers? At best he's a drain on staff morale. At worst he's a lawsuit waiting to happen. So he is or potentially will be impacting morale and productivity.

We've all worked somewhere that has had at least one asshole on staff and that asshole has been a source of tension/stress/low morale for other employees. It does directly affect a business and its employees. So yes, he should be fired as should anyone that goes around being a fuckhole off the clock. Because a fuckhole off the clock is a fuckhole on the clock too. And if someone is a fuckhole off the clock but a perfect employee on the clock they're probably a sociopath.

Sociopaths only keep their jobs when they're part of upper management. ;p

Comment

I think that it was justified to fire him- not because his kid is a bully ( he might simply be unable to control the kid) but because he actively encouraged the bullying. If his attitude is that it's perfectly acceptable to harm those weaker than you, then he is a potential liability. ESPECIALLY in a financial firm, since he's presumably in control of client's money. That same attitude of it being acceptable to hurt those weaker than you? Doesn't take much to go from there to stealing from clients. (the mental leap is more or less that clients are weaker than him- therefore, he has the right to hurt them- by stealing their money)

more basically, any employee that encourages use of violence against those weaker than them? I would not want to work under them.

Comment

Working...
                        X