Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one!

Man, what IS it with cops?

So, 2 NYPD cops see this guy drinking and smoking weed in his driveway and try to arrest him.

He resists arrest.

A tussle ensues. One of the arresting officers pulls a gun and puts it in the defendant's face, then holsters it. No, this is not another shooting story.

The cop gets up after the guy is in cuffs, and walks away. He then walks back and stomps on the man's head!

The officer has been arrested and charged . . . months later. The case only got filed because the video came to light. Meanwhile, there are supervisors who were there and and saw the whole fuckin' thing! and refused to do anything about it.

Un-fucking-believable. No wonder the NYPD can't get its shit straight, when the guys in charge allow this kind of BS.

Oh, and it's not a race issue. Both the officer and the man arrested are black.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...sault-charges/
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

The NYPD is basically an organized gang with matching uniforms at this point. Nothing short of firing the whole force and starting over is going to fix it either.

Comment

These situations are making me embarrassed to watch Law & Order. XÞ
      "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Now the NYPD wants to have resisting arrest classified as a felony instead of a misdemeanour.

You know, the thing abusive cops shout should when they're choking you to death on camera or stomping your head into the curb. The blanket excuse for police brutality in other words. I mean, its not like:

WNYC analyzed NYPD records and found 51,503 cases with resisting arrest charges since 2009. Just five percent of officers who made arrests during that period account for 40% of resisting arrest cases — and 15% account for almost 3/4 of such cases.
        >.>
        Last edited by Gravekeeper; 02-06-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
          Oh, and it's not a race issue. Both the officer and the man arrested are black.
          erm...."[W]e all have this subconscious bias. Even me, as a black police officer, I felt the same,"

yes, black officers can be racist against blacks, just as women can be misogynists.
          Implicit or internal bias or "wanting to be like the rest of the gang(I'm not like those others, see I treat them the same as you do, accept me, don't treat me like them, I'm one of you)

*in the data from the studies there was no difference in the officer's biases toward minorities no matter the race of the officer, they were *ALL* equally bias against minorities.
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
            Now the NYPD wants to have resisting arrest classified as a felony instead of a misdemeanour.

You know, the thing abusive cops shout should when they're choking you to death on camera or stomping your head into the curb. The blanket excuse for police brutality in other words. I mean, its not like:
            Cops use "resisting arrest" as a puff up charge to justify taking someone in when they would have a hard time arresting them otherwise. Pull away even slightly (instinctive when someone tries to restrain you) and it's "resisting."

It makes a defendant look worse than he otherwise might, and prompts a plea deal. It's abuse of authority.

Resisting arrest should be when it's full on game on fighting the cops, and even then I want to see the whole thing on video to make sure the cops didn't start the full on game on.
            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

You see it all the time on Cops (and Jail ), where it often seems that "Stop Resisting!" is a required mantra every time they put someone in cuffs. Granted many (not most but many) times the arrested party is obviously squirming or otherwise not obeying; but even on those pro-authority shows, there are times where it's like 'what resistance?'.

Ideally, if the charge of Resisting Arrest were to be stuck, they would have to testify about how the person was resisting; which would be more difficult with video of the arrest.

Comment

To be fair, that isn't quite the same thing. Resisting Arrest, in the traditional sense of the word, is for people who fight the cops when they're being arrested- basically, assaulting a cop is if you went up and punched a cop at random. Resisting Arrest is when you punch the cop's partner as they try to arrest you for punching the cop. Simply squirming about to try to avoid the cops? not criminal, though it DOES justify the cop in using something to get you to knock it off. asking someone to quit squirming so you can get the cuffs on? reasonable. Following up by adding resisting arrest charges? bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X