No announcement yet.

Take that, anti-vaxxers! RIP little Olivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you count the Amish in your list of religious people who my refuse vaccines?

Or do they get them? It's hard to tell, there are lots of different kinds of Amish of varying strictness.

Comment

Originally posted by Tama View Post
      Would you count the Amish in your list of religious people who my refuse vaccines?

Or do they get them? It's hard to tell, there are lots of different kinds of Amish of varying strictness.
      I believe this one might be a case of YMMV, but generally speaking, they do get vaccinated. Like most, they figure that life is more important than some agenda. Basically, if it can be run on gas, it doesn't isolate others from the community and it isn't a sign of pride or vanity, it's generally seen as OK.

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
        I believe this one might be a case of YMMV, but generally speaking, they do get vaccinated.
        This goes with what I read. The only big religions I could find that don't agree with vaccines seem to be maybe the Christian Scientists and the Dutch Reformed Church.

Comment

If anyone refuses a vaccine based on religious grounds, then the doctors should contact the local religious officials to see if they have a back-up plan for the person in question to ensure the safety of everyone else.

If they find no back-up plan, they should make one.

And the religious officials refuse to work with the doctors and come up a back-up plan or if the doctors find no such religious official, they ought to be allowed to contact police or Child Protection Services.

Comment

Working...
          X