Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell is this NOT reported?!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lif...-1227235316537

I have no idea how true this actually is, but the story goes that parents are subjecting their autistic children to bleach "enemas" and "drinks" in the event that it'll cure them.

To be honest, I do have to wonder why the hell those parents wouldn't have been reported already by someone...wouldn't it be pretty obvious that the kid is in pain?!

That's absolutely unbelievable! And yes, they should be reported!

As the parent of a kiddo with HFA, I can tell you that just the thought of what I read in that article is appalling to me to no end!

Though, you wouldn't believe some of the other things, including (or so I've heard) "shock therapy" that people would do/used to do to their kids because they thought it would "cure" autism.

There is no cure. There may not ever be. Though, I think a lot of people who are HFA don't want to be cured. The autism is part of their identity.

The best thing for people to do is read as much about Autism as they can. Believe it or not, there are a number in the autistic community (mainly parents of autistic children) who don't really like what "Autism speaks" is doing. So read carefully.

The guy who's promoting that BS in that article needs to be thrown UNDER the jail...

I've heard of people doing some "desperate" things, like Chelation therapy, but never anything this "out there".

Comment

Its very real and far worse than that article indicates.

The idea behind it is that it can "flush autism causing vaccines from the body". Using it as an enema is just the latest spin on it. Its previously been claimed as a dietary supplement and even injected into people.

Comment

That's just sick. I really have no other words for this.

The solution’s promoters say it can cure HIV, malaria, hepatitis, autism, acne, and cancer
        Oh, well, I don't care about all those other things, but if it can cure acne then I sure better try it.

Comment

well, I suppose death IS technically a cure for autism... (no, I am not joking- bleach is HIGHLY toxic, especially essentially industrial-grade like this crap effectively is. While death si far from certain, these dumbasses are essentially poisoning their kids.

Comment

Shock therapy does have its place (something about making the brain fire correctly? I forget) and it's ridiculous that people use it wrongly.

But bleach? O.o That has no discernible use, ever...internally...

Just....why?!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
              Its very real and far worse than that article indicates.

The idea behind it is that it can "flush autism causing vaccines from the body". Using it as an enema is just the latest spin on it. Its previously been claimed as a dietary supplement and even injected into people.
              I was going to post this in the vaccine thread originally, but I figured this one could stand on its own. I've heard of people claiming that essential oil baths were meant to be the cure-all, but this is far far worse. It's also disgusting. (and as far as the "baths" go, they were typically peddled by some quack who was shilling his own damn brand of miracle oil)

Originally posted by Tama View Post
              Shock therapy does have its place (something about making the brain fire correctly? I forget) and it's ridiculous that people use it wrongly.
              I believe it's meant to induce seizures and somehow that's meant to provide relief from psychological symptoms. It's used as a last line of treatment and only with informed consent. It's also done with anaesethic and a muscle relaxant.

I find it more telling that these people would rather their kid be dead/physically damaged rather than be autistic.

Comment

Wanna bet that these parents were the bullies who picked on autistic kids when they themselves were kids?

If that's true, they may be wanting to avoid karma from kicking them in the butt. Too bad that they're making it worse for their kids AND for themselves, since they'll be the ones going to prison!

Comment

Working...
                X