No announcement yet.

Spaying/Neutering pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In males, anyway. XD My spayed cat is pretty aggressive; she's gotten into loads of fights and emerged without a mark on her, despite the fact that she's now getting on a bit. O_o We got her spayed as soon as was possible when she was a kitten, due to the fact that there was an unneutered tom living over the road.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

All of my kitties have been 'fixed.' As cute and cuddly as kittens are...two cats is enough for me. They get into enough trouble

Comment

I have two cats. One chose me at the RSPCA as a little kitten (6 weeks). He wasn't neutered at that time, but part of the cost of adopting him was a voucher for the operation. The other came to my door starving, and I let him in. After I couldn't find his owners he stayed. He wasn't neutered, which I think would have contributed to his straying as up the operation he would stand at the door at night and yeowl, I assume to the lady cats. He never made that sound after the operation. When he had the castration they also drained a huge abcess on his neck he probably got in a fight, possibly over breeding rights.

With both I had no idea how they would turn out. All I knew was that the first seemed to like ME a lot (since found that he's scared of everyone else) and the second loves everyone and everything. I've since identified his breed, and that is typical. Both are wonderful and are probably happier that they aren't out there fighting over female cats or have the urge to stray.

Comment

The fact that there are a lot of extra cats around my home and most of them are feral/wild I think it is necessary. One is tame only because I've been feeding him since he was a kitten and was able to catch him. I got him castrated soon after that. In two weeks he went back outside and is now wanting back in. There are also a lot of free roaming and stray cats.

When I adopted my two cats they both were altered, which is a good thing because one is a girl and the other is a boy. Though I do wonder what the kittens would look like.

All of the dogs I have been around have been altered too. Mostly because my Mom did not want any puppies and or the nasty male habits that can develop. I find that altered animals overall are calmer and healthier.
          "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

I heard a statistic somewhere that the vast majority of dog attacks were committed by unaltered male dogs in the presence of unaltered females. So getting dogs (especially big ones) fixed is very important.

Oh, and the reason that female animals take longer than males to recover from neutering is that with males, the reproductive organs are right on the outside, and only require a small incision through a single layer of tissue to remove. With females, you have to make a much larger incision through several layers of tissue and muscle in order to get to the uterus and ovaries. I assume that they require different amounts of anaesthetia as well.

Comment

Working...
            X