Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got to side with the manager on this one.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got to side with the manager on this one.

Domino's manager fired over cursing out customer.

This happened several months ago last year, but I like these kind of stories so I don't care.

Technically, the manager was in the wrong for screwing up the order and ignoring the customers, but this customer was really annoying and naggy. She comes in with a camera and starts filming things, bitching him out and then demanding a supervisor. She then tells other customers that the manager screws up orders (like he does this on purpose).

The manager's response wasn't professional, but it was understandable, and (imo) hilarious. Yuppy moms response, on the other hand, was elitist and mean spirited. Though some thought it was an "epic comeback".

This was just a minute and a half of everything that went down, but from this snippet it appears the manager is immature, mean, spiteful and completely unsuitable for a position in customer service and the woman is trying hard to get a situation resolved while remaining calm in the face of unwarranted insults.

It wasn't really the right thing for her to try to insult his position vs age, or to try to bring other customers into it, but after she repeatedly addresses him as sir and asks for reasonable behaviour (writing down the supervisors name and phone number, asking why her son was hung up on) and being told to go fuck herself and called a fucking retard I think we can cut her a bit of slack for some defensiveness.

Unless there is more information available about what went on before I would say he absolutely was in the wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NecCat View Post
      Unless there is more information available about what went on before I would say he absolutely was in the wrong.
      Even then, just call the police on them if they show up for trespassing.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I have no trouble saying he was in the wrong. None whatsoever.

He's a manager. He's a representative of the company.

If he can't maintain a civil demeanor, he shouldn't have the job.

Apologize, fix what you can and move on. And if the customer won't, then trespass them and call police if they refuse to leave. At no point is swearing at a customer, especially in front of other customers, an acceptable behavior.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

He was being an ass, she was out of line when she starts addressing the other customers. Also to be frank I'm always a little weary of customer who bring video cameras. Overall though gotta say the manager sucks more here.

Comment

He seemed pretty angry. I'm sure there is more to the story, and based on the woman's attitude (the crack about his age was a non-starter with me) I have no doubt she set him up to fail. Otherwise, why make the recording?

She'd already argued with him on the phone and it got nasty. She went in there to push his buttons and get him fired. No doubt in my mind.

Doesn't make it right for him to fall into the trap, unfortunately.

But this woman is no angel.
            Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

It is very difficult to evaluate this woman's behavior, for one simple reason :

She was filming this.

So, of course, she's going to go out of her way to act calm and avoid doing anything that will make herself look bad on the recording.

Even then, she was rather obnoxious.

We have no way of knowing how she acts normally, nor do we know how she acted on the phone with him earlier. I'm not really willing to pass judgment on this without that information.

I have seen really nice, gentle, soft-spoken people driven to rage by a sufficiently horrible customer ... Although, granted, never quite this badly.

Should the manager have been fired? Well, if I really have to answer the question, I would say ... Probably, based on the information we have available to us, which really isn't much.
              "Well, the good news is that no matter who wins, you all lose."

Comment

The guy was wrong period. Part of being a manager is dealing with just about everything. Yea, sometimes it isn't pretty and often you have to hold your demeaner when someone else wouldn't, but that's the gig.

That said, I wonder how long before Dominos or other chains offer rules that allow someone to bounce a customer for filming without permission. To me, that's where this thing gets overly confrontational. He can't leave the floor and he can't take her phone so he has very little control in his own store of how he is later portrayed regardless of how the actual conversation goes. In my experience, most people who are unexpectedly filmed behave... unpredictably. You can't really police people's phones, but you can and should be able to remove someone attempting to force confrontation while filming.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony K. S. View Post
                  She was filming this.
                  On a potato.

But yes, sorry, no excuse for the manager. No matter what sort of screeching shit hawks waddle into your establishment and start rubbing their asses on everything you have to stay professional. Especially if you're the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony K. S. View Post

She was filming this.
                    Pretty much this. I was reminded of this douchebag on youtube who used to make a habit out of going around and picking fights with employees while filming them. He claimed he was exercising his rights or some bullshit, but it's obvious he had a persecution complex and was looking for ways to make himself look like some kind of crusader.

Whether or not the manager was out of line or should be fired, I'm 99.9% sure that this woman was being a huge pain in the ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X