Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Depot discriminatory?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...anned-parenth/

Basic gist: Woman wanted 500 copies of a flier made that called for a week long fast and prayer over Planned Parenthood's activities. Flier included a prayer that listed the woes and statistics of Planned Parenthood.

Office Depot refused.

She's claiming discrimination.

Office Depot has since apologized, but reiterates the fact that they don't publish things that call for the persecution of others.

I can't seem to find a full quote of the flier, but it sounds like it was rather specific and squicky. So I can understand why the associate would probably use the protocol to deny the copying.
    I has a blog!

Discriminating against what? Discrimination? This just seems so backwards to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragarthiel View Post
      Discriminating against what? Discrimination? This just seems so backwards to me.
      She says they're discriminating against her religion (she's Catholic and the prayer is from a group called Priest for Life).
      I has a blog!

Comment

This is the flier in question.

Once you start using the terms "Death camps" and "conversion" you're probably wavering into a grey area at Office Depot. -.-

Never mind that she was still allowed to make the copies herself but choose not to as it would be inconvenient.

Comment

Wow. So death camps didn't make it into any of the articles I read.
          I has a blog!

Comment

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
            Wow. So death camps didn't make it into any of the articles I read.
            Yeah, the full text of her little pamphlet is a bit more on the nose than a lot of the articles let on.

Comment

All they need to say is they can't aid someone in committing a crime (slander) and they are good to go.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
              X