Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate vs. Cait

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ocial-facebook

This is seriously trending on Facebook right now.

And it's troubling me on two different levels.

One, why, oh why, do we play these games with women in the media still? I mean, seriously. Who cares who wore it better? They both wear it fine, and it looks lovely on them. But in this case, it feels like one is being set up to deliberately fail. It seems silly and ridiculous and demeaning to everyone involved because "teehee, the designer won't even choose between them!" So are we trying to say that the designer is wrong for not wanting to be seen insulting either customer? Or that maybe they like how both women look? Or are we trying to insult both women by saying "hey, you look like Jenner" or "you don't look like a 20-something when you're in your 60's"?

Which leads to the second level, the responses on this from FB.

"This man is sick".

"Comparing Princess Kate to a Mythical HESHE, waste of typed words!!!!!"

"how embarrasing when a fake tranny .. ie a man in a dress tries to look like you??? ... no surgery no hormones just a man in a dress!!!... disgusting ... if you wanna do this Bruce try to at least dress your age you moron... if he went to prison it would be a mans prison .. simple"

"it's no kate middleton and as far as i'm concerned, caitlyn is still bruce because there is no surgery, no hormones, nothing to say that he has become a woman yet..."

And that's not even going into the number of media sites that still use Bruce instead of Caitlyn.

The shocking lack of respect just makes me weep for humanity. Why does any of this matter to anybody? If Caitlyn likes pretty dresses, why should it matter who it's designed after? Why do we feel the need to question her choices so hard? Nobody would question this at all if she wasn't transgender. We'd still be back to the first level of "why must we play women off each other though".

Ugh.
    I has a blog!

Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
    One, why, oh why, do we play these games with women in the media still? I mean, seriously. Who cares who wore it better? They both wear it fine, and it looks lovely on them.

I do like this quote from another page they incuded:

We can see why both ladies chose this feminine frock. The wrap silhouette is figure flattering and who doesn't love the feel of silk against their skin? Plus the neutral navy colorway goes well with every skin tone.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I'm still trying to get over the fact someone was actually paid to write words about this.

A lot of words.

Comment

I try to stay out of celebrity news, unless it's actually something good (like Jasn Aldean filming his latest music video locally, THAT was pretty awesome). However, this got me:
        Originally posted by Kheldarson View Post
        "it's no kate middleton and as far as i'm concerned, caitlyn is still bruce because there is no surgery, no hormones, nothing to say that he has become a woman yet..."
        I'm pretty sure some sort of surgery was performed. After all, breasts don't sprout up by themselves overnight. I don't know the extent of the surgery/ies or whether hormones were involved but does it matter?

I really, REALLY don't care what people wear as long as it's not People of Walmart worthy (as in, 300+ pounds squeezed into a low cut medium-sized tank top), revealing things I don't want to see, or letting armpit/crotch smells waft around. I don't know why other people care beyond that. It's not like celebrities actually set trends, most of what they do is either weird (wearing necklaces backward was actually a thing) or so horribly expensive the average Joe can't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragarthiel View Post
          I'm pretty sure some sort of surgery was performed. After all, breasts don't sprout up by themselves overnight. I don't know the extent of the surgery/ies or whether hormones were involved but does it matter?
          Yeah, that raised an eyebrow for me too. Where do they think the breasts came from? Its also not like she hasn't been open about the surgeries and hormone treatments she's been going through.

Also, wtf is a "fake tranny"?

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
            Also, wtf is a "fake tranny"?
            A slushbox (as opposed to a REAL tranny where the driver has 3 pedals).

Comment

I'm interested in the fact that apparently Caitlyn Jenner is mythical. I mean, I know there's people who doubt the existence of Jesus, Muhammed, Buddha... But CAITLYN JENNER Mythicists? Now THAT is shocking.
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Working...
              X