When companies only send you part of your order-no notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When companies only send you part of your order-no notice

I found something online that I knew someone would want for Christmas, and decided to order it. Due to having discounted shipping after you spent a little more, I ordered another thing that while nice, was not what I really wanted.

I get the order processing email, and it lists both, and check my credit card, I was charged the full amount for both.

Than I get the email that it is shipped, but looking at that email, only the smaller item shipped, not both. Logging into the website, and looking at my account, it says for that order partial fulfillment.

I understand that sometimes this happens, although when I placed my order it did say one left in stock. What I am upset about, is the only communication I got about the other item was in tiny tiny print in the shipping email for the smaller items that it said:You will receive a confirmation email when more items from your order have been shipped.

When I called the company to get an update, sorry we are out of stock, and we are unsure when, or if we will get more of those in.

Originally posted by JPD View Post

When I called the company to get an update, sorry we are out of stock, and we are unsure when, or if we will get more of those in.
    IF the company charged your CC for the FULL order of BOTH items but only shipped ONE, demand either a refund on non-shipped item (they charged you for something you DID NOT receive and this is possibly illegal as I think they can only charge you for item(s) actually shipped) OR demand a credit to your CC and when item on backorder does become available THEN ship it to you and charge your CC again.

You should not have to pay for an item that is, according to your OP, on backorder or no longer available.
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Give it at least a few days first. There's no reason to make a fuss over being charged only slightly early so long as the amount is right, and if it doesn't show up soon, they'll almost certainly refund the difference on their own.

It does happen sometimes that how many the computer says are in stock and how many are really there don't match.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

No real issue in a polite query that explains the situation and asks about the status - is the rest on back order?

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Yes I called them, and it is on back-order, but they are unsure when, or even if, they will be getting more of this item in.

By they way the person on the phone I talked to worded things, it sounded like if she refunded my card, than I could re-order it when it came in again, (and pay shipping again)

Comment

it... depends. I the UK, if they cannot ship the item in a reasonable amount of time, they must refund you, including shipping costs for that item. But yes, if they refund you, you must re-order the item when it comes in stock. (however, you only have to pay shipping ONCE per item ordered.)

Comment

Update, I still have not received the item, or a refund. Looking at the website, the item isn't even listed anymore.

Since it didn't come in for Christmas, I was at least thinking it would be here for Valentines Day.

Comment

I know what You mean. Last year, I ordered a pair of heels and a pair of flats. When I got my shipment, I received the flats only. I looked over the order and saw that they had refunded the money for the heels.

Recently, I ordered four tunics that were the same style, but different colors. I received the "Ocean Blue" yesterday. I got in contact with the company. They said the red dress would arrive today, the green dress should arrive early next week, and the purple dress should arrive in 2 weeks.

I should be happy that I'm getting all of them, but I don't understand why they couldn't have shipped 3 of them at the same time. At the very least, they could have let me know what was happening before I contacted them.

Originally posted by JPD View Post
                Update, I still have not received the item, or a refund. Looking at the website, the item isn't even listed anymore.

Since it didn't come in for Christmas, I was at least thinking it would be here for Valentines Day.
                Any updates? That sounds like a shady company IMHO.
                Last edited by catcul; 07-11-2016, 05:32 AM. Reason: Oops
                Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Seems like this is going to happen to me on Amazon. I bought a 3DS game that came with a limited edition bonus. Amazon didn't get the game until two weeks after the release date, and the bonus item will be even later.

Since this was my most anticipated game of 2016, I double dipped and bought the digital version for Vita.

Comment

Working...
                  X