Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FIRE challenge!? SERIOUSLY!?! Lighting yourself on FIRE just for YT amusement!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FIRE challenge!? SERIOUSLY!?! Lighting yourself on FIRE just for YT amusement!?

Now folks, I'd like to think that I'm a pretty open minded, live and let live, tolerant sort of individual. True I may not understand what people see in some aspects of pop culture that is so great for whatever reason, but I'm a pretty much a to each his own kinda guy mostly. And I'm well aware there are a lot of different "challenges" on YouTube and such and there's some like the cinnamon challenge that make me sick to my stomach just thinking about. But most of them seem fairly harmless.

But there is one that I cannot for the life of me understand how people could be so STUPID!!!! It's called the FIRE challenge. I really wish I was joking but I am dead fucking serious. There are some idiots out there who only for YouTube amusement will douse themselves with Axe Body spray (yuk) or some other flammable sort of deal and then light...themselves...on...FIRE. And then they try (and I emphasis the word try) to jump in a pool or a shower or something to put the fire out. Do I need to elaborate as to what can happen if this were to go wrong?

Whatever happened to the days when playing with fire was just a figure of speech?

To be fair I don't think they're doing it just for YouTube entertainment. I seen more than one person do this before YouTube or even handheld super accessible video taping was a thing just because.

Comment

Remember when principal Joe Clark in the movie Lean on Me told that one boy that smoking crack kills your brain cells? He'd say something like "Don't you know what that fire challenge does boy? It kills your skin cells!"

Comment

"Playing with fire" was never just an expression; people have probably been doing it as long as there have been people.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I'm almost 90% sure these are the same guys who think it's cool to drink racing fuel + Mountain Dew, wrap themselves in duct tape and spin around, and jump off rooftops into shallow pools. AKA future Darwin Award nominees.

I say just let them get themselves out of the gene pool.

Comment

Well getting wrapped in duct/packing tape and spinning around is one thing, and I used to jump off the hay loft in a barn into a truck bed filled with hay....

Kyle: But dude. They...are...lighting...themselves...on...FIRE!!
            Stan: Yeah we're all for fun challenges and pranks and all that other goofy stuff, but dude, seriously?

Comment

It's all fun and games until you burn your house down.
              Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
                It's all fun and games until you burn your house down.
                That house won't do you much good if you burn yourself down first!

Comment

Originally posted by Estil View Post
                  That house won't do you much good if you burn yourself down first!
                  That's true, but they might accidentally burn down their entire neighborhood.
                  Janet Danahey set a couch on fire outside her ex-boyfriend's apartment. She ended up burning his apartment building down, killing four people.

Comment

This reminds me of the video I saw of the stupid kid who actually tried to launch a bottle rocket from his butt...

He didn't die, but I'll bet for damn sure he doesn't do that again...

Comment

I'd say a close second would be the choking game. There's even a Lifetime movie about it and what ends up happening to one of the girls is quite tragic. And yes Joe Clark (the principal from Lean on Me) would tell them exactly the same thing...don't you know what's going on when you pass out and get that supposed "high", do ya!? You're killing your brain! You're killing brain cells!

Comment

To be fair, breath play is a staple in the BDSM community. However, both strangulation and plastic bagging must be done under very strict and careful supervision.

However, the choking game seems to be applied recklessly. That makes it dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                        X