3D Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Movies

I'd love to see the new ghostbusters film but the only movie theater in town is literally only showing it in 3d. there isn't a single 2d showing on their schedule. I'm sick of this, it was bad enough when it was 1 2d showing and 8 3d showings but now to not even give the option?

Even if 3d wasn't some headache eyestrain inducing blur for me I'd still prefer to just watch the movie in 2d. Oh and that little notice about how closed captioning and descriptive video are available for their impaired customers? fuck you further. How about the customers that are impaired where they don't need those features but can't see 3d.

How about checking out movies.com to see if there are any 2D versions available near you even if they're not in your town? Personally, I enjoy 3D and watched the movie in the IMAX which I've never done before. The only mistake I made is when I picked out the seat when purchasing my ticket. I thought I was selecting a seat in the back but it turned out to be in the front.

Hopefully, I'll get another chance to watch another IMAX movie. I felt that it was the best movie experience ever even if I made a mistake with selecting the seat.

Comment

I'm going to a convention in 2 weeks I'll see about it then in the much larger town.

I should clarify I don't have an issue at all with them having descriptive video or closed captioning but I have an issue with them tooting their horn about it while simultaneously basically making it so I can't see the movie.

Comment

[redacted] (Cineplex Entertainment)
        Jul 17, 10:22 PM EDT

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for reaching out to Cineplex Entertainment.

We are sorry to hear about your concern with the showing. We understand your concern with regards to the showing being shown in 3D. Unfortunately the film distributor has the authority to decide which format the movie should be shown. Cineplex Entertainment is an exhibitor that showcases the film as per the film distributor's decision.

Rest assured we will be sharing your feedback to our operations team for their review so they are aware of your concern and hopefully to improve.

We thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Sincerely,

[redacted].
        Guest Services Coordinator | Cineplex Entertainment

Comment

Though I don't go to movies often anymore, I'm unable to see the 3D effect in theaters. Oddly enough, I see it just fine on a 3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
            Even if 3d wasn't some headache eyestrain inducing blur for me I'd still prefer to just watch the movie in 2d.

Same here, my ex's family always INSISTED on the 3d option, even after knowing how sick it made me, I eventually bought a pair of 2d glasses
            Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
            X