Holocaust deniers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holocaust deniers!

What the hell is wrong with these people? How can someone's hatred be so great that they can't see what is obvious fact?

I just saw a news story on one of these people, and now I'm angry. He's writing a book. Well, dictating a book to a ghost writer, maybe. No way this mouth-breather is literate.

The label 'Holocaust Denier' is applied to people who say it happened, but not to the same extent as is generally accepted, not just to people who say none of it happened.

What was this guy saying?

My experience of racists/white supremacists is that the dangerous ones are the intelligent people. There are plenty of knuckle-draggers on both sides of the argument, only going along with the flow because of how they feel - some on both sides are not capable of putting up a decent argument for their position. The leader types, and this chap must be counted amongst that number, is the dangerous sort. He can motivate people - never make the dangerous assumption that just because someone is wrong that they are therefore stupid. You need to know your enemy.

Rapscallion
    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I can't remember this guy's name, and I've had no luck figuring it out with Google...I'm almost certain he's Canadian.
      He was very articulate, so I have to assume that he is indeed intelligent. So do you think he actually believes what he's saying? He's not claiming that Jews weren't sent to labour camps. He's claiming that the deaths were nowhere near the 6 million mark, and mostly "incidental" ie as a result of work accidents, famine due to interruption in supply routes, etc.
      I guess by calling these people stupid, I'm in a sense giving them the benefit of the doubt - because I can forgive ignorance, but not spreading lies on purpose.

Comment

It's hard to say without looking at the evidence and hearing what they have to say without the media being inbetween. I've looked at the 'work' of one or two people along those lines (on the Internet), and they swear blind that the evidence doesn't match up to the claims of six million victims. It wasn't David Irving, was it? He's British, though, not Canadalandian - he was famous recently for something along these lines. Ernst Zundel comes up on Google - a German expelled from Canadaland due to HD activities.

I certainly believe that we should look at the evidence and not believe everything we're told at face value without justifying it. I don't think anything should be beyond scrutiny. I'm uncomfortable with the notion that saying something may not be true is a criminal offence in several areas of the world. I'm uncomfortable with people who tell deliberate untruths because they don't like a certain group of people.

I'm not certain that I believe all the tales of atrocities, but I do know that the sleeve of one of my customers slipped back one day and I glimpsed tattoos.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
        X