Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming

Ugh. I just got this game that I originally thought sucked but after playing it a bit, for some reason its like the greatest game ever. The problem? You can't play it for 10 minutes. Or even 20 minutes. Or even an hour. Well you could, but that'd give you just enough time to load the game, save it and then you gotta quit.

And I unfortunately just don't have the time to give this game. The only area I could consider making a sacrifice is my sleep, which I can't seem to do as well as when I was 16.

So, Mount & Blade, I must delete thee! <delete>

I know what you mean, I haven't played a computer game since I found out I was pregnant FIVE YEARS AGO.

Comment

I still yearn for the games made for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

I wish I had a Wii cuz they apparently have a selection of Megadrive games. -.-
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
        I still yearn for the games made for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

I wish I had a Wii cuz they apparently have a selection of Megadrive games. -.-
        There's always emulation. The 16-bit games are for the most part pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          I know what you mean, I haven't played a computer game since I found out I was pregnant FIVE YEARS AGO.
          Wow, that sucks. I love my videos games too much. I'm never going to get pregnant!
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Civ 3

I dont know how many hours I have wasted away going; "Just one more turn!"

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
              The problem? You can't play it for 10 minutes. Or even 20 minutes. Or even an hour.
              That's why I've stopped playing MMOs. After a while, you can't do anything of consequence without gathering a huge party, and a commitment of at least 2 hours.

I have found that indie games are actually quite good for picking up and playing, still. Steam is running a deal right now for $30 you can get 10 indie games. They're not all great (imo), but I like 5 of them for sure, and a couple others are maybes. It's a good deal, if you don't have an issue with the service.
              Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                There's always emulation. The 16-bit games are for the most part pretty solid.
                I know they can be downloaded, but I don't really want to clog up the memory on my computer. Then again, I might be tempted with some of the Sonic games I've seen on youtube; including one where you can play as Knuckles on Sonic 2. XD

The Megadrive had some seriously cool games, some of which were excruciatingly difficult at first but which were so addictive that even after you'd completed them, you still wanted to play. I find that a lot of modern games seem to be lacking that. O_o

Comment

Originally posted by Daskinor View Post
                  Civ 3

I dont know how many hours I have wasted away going; "Just one more turn!"
                  Despite living in a home with hundreds of computer and video games, Civ 3 is to this day the only game I've ever found addictive.

Civ 4 didn't do it for me. I was disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                    Civ 3 is to this day the only game I've ever found addictive.
                    You're better than I. I was hooked on Civ 2, and couldn't figure out the transition to Civ 3. And same for Masters of Orion II. Couldn't make the leap to III. Too many small details in each to take care of for me to not lose in 5 turns. Yeah, I suck
                    Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

I'm just gonna stick to the games I have, where the most engrossing of them is Day of Defeat, which I can usually get off in under an hour. Log in, play a few rounds, own, done.

Comment

One game I spent literally hours on; Theme Park. I wasted so much time playing that stupid game. -.-

And if I still had my Megadrive, I'd be playing it now. O.o

Comment

Is Theme Park anything like Rollercoaster Tycoon? I used to play that one a lot, but it had some kind of glitch in it where when you unlock a secret park to play on, it only stays unlocked for that session...if you save and quit, you come back and can't play the supersecret unlockable park anymore!

Comment

Never played that, so not sure; here's a youtube video of Theme Park gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8Y5sdQCAU

You could complete all the countries, but after you did, you could just start again so you could basically play forever. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              Never played that, so not sure; here's a youtube video of Theme Park gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8Y5sdQCAU

You could complete all the countries, but after you did, you could just start again so you could basically play forever. XD
                              that looks a lot like sim theme park
                              which is the type of game I can spend hours on... I have been working on and off again on a city in sim city 4 for 3 years now... I can spend hours working on that thing. The sims used to be my crack. Spend way too much time on Rollercoaster Tycoon and Railroad Tycoon also.
                              "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Working...
                              X