No announcement yet.

Remember all those great times we had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember all those great times we had?

So I keep seeing people that I went to high school with. Bump into them at the store, see them on facebook, etc....and they keep wanting to reminisce about all the great times we had together. The parties we went to, the chicks we romanced, that time we played in the eastern state basketball championship, the time we raced our cars down on the airstrip, the time we kicked the crap out of some guy...

Except none of it ever happened! I wonder who the fuck these people are half the time. I don't get it. Some of them I can barely remember as someone I might have sat next to in study hall once. And they have all these wonderful memories of our great times together. Who the hell are these people!?!?!?

I've had a few people from my high school class find me on Myspace and want to be "friends" (in quotes because of the nature of Myspace friends). Usually, I just add them. If they want to be my online friends, so be it. Though I've been contacted by people who I had very little contact with back in high school. Basically, I knew who they were, and if we passed in the hallways, we might have exchanged hellos, but that was pretty much it.

Comment

I don't get that much with people from high school. My grandma did have a friend though that was bizarre... she kept on telling me about all these great memories she had of me as a baby playing on her front yard... only a few slight problems... I didn't meet her until I was 15, I have never been to her home, and most importantly, she has lived in an apartment for 25 years now and has no yard...
      "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

I once had a girl come up to me at a party and do exactly that; until I interrupted her and told her that firstly, in secondary school she was a complete bitch to me so I did not want to be friends with her seeing as she saw fit to forget about that and not even apologise, and second she should get some help for her severe case of false memory syndrome. XD

Sorry, but unless you were one of the few friends I had at secondary, that means you were a) one of the bitches from the popular clique who made my life hell or b) one of the pathetic sycophants who laughed along with the popular clique. Either way, I don't want to know you so fuck off.
        "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

This happened with me! I was at Sweet Tomatoes and this girl I knew from school Brooke, and knew I mean, knew her name but not much else. She came up to me like we're best buds, like how preppy girls do, with the "HIIIIIEEEEE!" So I was like, "Um, what's up?"

It was really awkward, but I thought the best thing was to just go along with it, and that worked. Haven't heard from her again. I think she might've bullied me in high school, but it's not worth the drama to me, to bring that up. I had a miserable time in high school, so I was just glad when the whole thing was over.

"Sorry, but unless you were one of the few friends I had at secondary, that means you were a) one of the bitches from the popular clique who made my life hell or b) one of the pathetic sycophants who laughed along with the popular clique. Either way, I don't want to know you so fuck off." That's how it was for me too.

Comment

I was at a local bar when I got home and went with another friend of mine from high school. We were splitting a pitcher of beer when all of a sudden a bunch of guys and girls from high school kept walking up to us, chatting with us. They kept saying, "Man, I haven't seen you since high school!" Yea, and I was enjoying it that way thanks.
            Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Heh. I thought I was the only one. Yep, I too was an outcast during high school, and took plenty of shit from people. It wasn't too surprising that I, for all intents and purposes...disappeared for a bit. 15 years on, many of those same people seemed happy to see me. WTF?

But, at least I got to tell off one of the popular bitches. How? Well, it went something like this... It seems that one of my friends was a bit drunk, and thought he'd "introduce" us. OK, whatever...no big deal. Wrong--she got pissed and said something like "I already talked to you."

Being the bastard I am, I couldn't let that go. I couldn't resist saying something like "I see you haven't changed, you're still a bitch." That little comment caused the *entire* bar to erupt with laughter, and I'm sure it took her down a few notches

What was odd about that entire situation, is that she was a bitch for years. At least, she was a bitch towards me. Not sure why, since I usually avoided her. Oddly enough, her younger sister was nothing but sweet to me. Sadly, she's on the west coast now

Comment

Yeah, I dunno what is up with that, but it's like the asshole kids in school were completely unaware that they were assholes and that not everyone would be thrilled to see them down the line.

That's happened to me, too. I'm like, "uh, way I remember it, we hated each other." Why do they think anyone would be glad to see them?

Comment

Working...
                X