Club organization or lack thereof...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club organization or lack thereof...

I like the anime group that the local Asperger's organization is trying to maintain. Most of the time. We recently had to unanimously ban a guy who was basically hitting on the three females in the room at once and generally being extremely obnoxious. Another one would have been banned if he hadn't voluntarily quit due to blowing up over everything that could possibly be a conflict (there was a question over how the remote control duties should be assigned...everyone else was fine with having it be held by the owner of the currently-playing disc).

Myself and one other guy are trying to wrestle it into the shape of a real club, but I have my doubts (in addition to the thought of a few members being loose in public).

A seemingly consistent problem is people and snacks. Asian snacky-things can get expensive in a hurry if it's for 5+ people. I've brought up the subject of meeting dues ($2 per person) to help defray the costs and have been reminded by the other guy "it's voluntary" (um...don't you think it's just a bit unfair that 90% of food costs are coming out of the pocket of the only two people who actually have income?) I've stopped buying snacks for group consumption (if I do it's the cheap common stuff, I'm not wasting the J-List snack treasure trove on them). The organization itself has a "suggested donation"--also to provide snacks--which is largely ignored.

Another thing that seems to be happening is if some people think a given anime is "too confusing" (Serial Experiments Lain) or just not their thing, it mysteriously disappears from the play rotation.

*sigh* I think this would have a better shot at being a "true" club if it wasn't so...insular (does that make sense?).
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-23-2009, 04:19 PM.
    "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."
Working...
X