People who won't even get on board a thread, let alone derail it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who won't even get on board a thread, let alone derail it

Say you start a poll on some message board that is full of polls. And you ask "Should people with purple skin have the right to bear arms?"

And then no one can just answer "yes" or "no" or "yes because" or "no because". They have to respond with something like "Abortion is wrong! Our founding fathers created this great christian nation with the intention of leading the free world!"

Poorly moderated message boards are full of crusaders who only talk about one issue, no matter the original subject. They're basically spammers.

My advice? Stay away from those kinds of boards.

Comment

Its not even the crusaders so much either. You could have something like "Hey wouldn't it be awesome if Kurt Cobain was in Nickelback?" And then you have some idiot write back "Cobain is dead, dude."

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
        Its not even the crusaders so much either. You could have something like "Hey wouldn't it be awesome if Kurt Cobain was in Nickelback?" And then you have some idiot write back "Cobain is dead, dude."
        No it wouldn't. It would have downgraded Cobain.

Wait, what were we talking about? But I get what you mean. I hate when people purposely post but in a non-contributing manner. Though if it's a serious forum and someone comes and starts a joke thread, I'll definitely flame them to hell.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Personally, I hate thread derailments anyway. Just stay on the frickin' topic. Seriously how hard is it?

Comment

Originally posted by powerboy View Post
            Seriously how hard is it?
            You'd be surprised.
            Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

I would advise you never read the comments on a youtube video.

Comment

I find on Youtube that a lot of people have serious anger management problems; like this one girl who bitched at me cuz I dared to disagree with her. I told her to get some help; no response. XD

I mostly look thru Youtube for funny videos, computer games (cuz I'm sad like that), AMVs and various TV or anime shows; you'd be surprised at how subversive some of the replies are.

As for thread derailment; to a certain point, I'll allow it on the board I admin at, but not if it's going way off. Such as two people taking the thread over to chat; that really annoys me cuz first there are such things as chatrooms and MSN, and second it's clearly marked in the rules that chatting in threads isn't allowed and all newbies are linked to the threads when they join up so there's really no excuse. And yeah; serious debates are where it happens most; you'll be discussing an important issue and then two people will start an inane conversation. -.-
                "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                X