Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Community kitchens and bathrooms (Warning: May be gross)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community kitchens and bathrooms (Warning: May be gross)

As most of you already know, I am living in a dorm. In my hall, there is of course a bathroom on every floor and we are one of two halls that has a full kitchen on every floor.

With that being said, on with the rant!

I'm gonna start with the kitchen. People, please wash your dishes and put them away! I am sick of seeing your pots soaking for three days in the sink, smelling the place up! How hard is it to rinse it off after you are done cooking, then wash it when you are done eating?

This is not your kitchen at home where someone else will wash your dishes. Your dishes. Your responsibility. It was even said at the wing meetings that if a RA sees that, they will throw the offending item away. That has been done. Not only that, we will get more wing fines. Not only that, but if it continues, they will shut down the kitchen on our floor and I like having the kitchen next door to my room. It's a privilege that only one other dorm hall has.

Not only does this go for dishes, but for washrags also. That is just nasty!

Please pick up after you clean up your fish tank! I hate seeing those little pebbles everywhere. Plus, that is just unsanitary to leave what has been in your fish tank just lying there.

How hard is it to take your paper towels and put them in the trash?

We have someone who cleans our kitchens and bathrooms and she does go the extra mile. Don't spoil it.

Now to the bathrooms.

How hard is it to flush the toilet when you are done?

How hard is it to take all your items from the shower back to the dorm?

How hard is it to rinse the toothpaste from the sink?

How hard is it to put your feminine products in the little bags they provide for us and put the bag that contains the product in the trash?

How hard is it to get your hair out of the shower stall?

Does your mother/father/guardian let you do this crap at home? My mother and grandmother would kill me if I pulled any of this crap that these girls are pulling.
    "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

I lived in a dorm with community kitchen/bathroom, too.

Fortunately, we had AMAZING cleaning staff that came in every day, and there were bathrooms in every wing. I don't remember noticing too much of a mess. It could simply be that our stuff got cleaned so often and there were less of us sharing.

In the guy's dorms at my ex-boyfriend's school. Holy gods! They did not have bathrooms on every floor. So, the whole building had to share basically one set of bathrooms/showers. Talk about dirty. And I think their staff only cleaned very couple of days...and they did a shitty job at that!

Now my other ex lived in an apartment. His roommate used to bring back lots of girls he met on the intarwebz. Those girls were pigs. They'd leave hair in the shower, goop on the sink. I never knew how he didn't bitch his roommate out for that...

Gah. I hate that.
    "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
    "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

In my freshman/sophomore dorm, we had one bathroom per sex per floor. If it got too messy, the cleaning ladies would clean it, then lock it up until they got back the next day. It sucks ass to wake up to find out you have to walk to another floor to shower. People are stupid. And gross. Common sense escapes most people.

My apartmentmates never wash their dishes. They let the dishes sit there for a couple days before I tell them to do it. At least when I say something they do it immediately. But it's embarrassing and gross.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I lived in the dorm all the way though college. There where some girls that did not clean up after themselves in the bathroom but a few notices about where certain used products go that did get better. There was always the threat that the bathroom would be locked and you would have to walk downstairs (in front of the all glass front door) to use the boys bathroom downstairs.

The community kitchen was horrible at times. There were notices put up but that didn't help. So the threat when out that if you didn't get your stuff cleaned within two days it would be thrown out. There were a few pots and dishes in the trash before it stopped.
        "Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe" -H. G. Wells

"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed" -Sir Francis Bacon

Comment

Speaking of not doing dishes, my roommate who loves cooking unnecessarily huge dinners left all his leftovers in the only two large pots we have, making me unable to cook some pasta for myself.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

I'm so glad that none of these girls are my roommate. I have an amazing roommate who believes in picking up after yourself and if you see something that needs to be be done, just do it, like I do.

Today, I went into the kitchen to get some water to put into the coffeemaker and I saw something so strange.

There was a clean pot,sitting on a paper towel, with the sponge next to it.

So, you clean your cooking pot and just leave it there? What the hell?

Also, on the table that is in the kitchen, there is a broken down box, and a few clean cans. What the hell? The recycling room is right by the bathroom, which is just a few feet away.

My sister came to visit and she looked at me and said "You would never allow this at home."
            "It's after Jeopardy, so it is my bed time."- Me when someone made a joke about how "old" I am.

Comment

Originally posted by McDreidel09 View Post
              Also, on the table that is in the kitchen, there is a broken down box, and a few clean cans. What the hell? The recycling room is right by the bathroom, which is just a few feet away.
              My husband does that, and it drives me crazy. His empty soda cans make it from the living room to the kitchen. That's a distance of about 15-20 feet. But then the cans just get put on the kitchen counter. If he would literally go just three feet farther, he could get them into the recycling bin. But it never happens. There is some kind of force field preventing my husband from getting close to a recycling box. It's quite remarkable. I should have scientists come in and analyze it.

Comment

I could not do community bathrooms or kitchens. That's why I'm the only one in the house that has their own bathroom.

Yesterday, I was cleaning the kitchen, late last night I was diagnosed with pneumonia. That is how much I like things clean. I cannot stand laziness when it comes to hygiene or general house keeping.
                Crooked banks around the world would gladly give a loan today so if you ever miss a payment they can take your home away.

Comment

I do that too,FashionLad. Even if I'm really stricken with something, I will at least get laundry done,have my room picked up,bed made, and the area that I am laying myself down in picked up.

So also relying on other people to keep an area clean is really bugging me. I'm not so much worried about the dorm room, because my roommate rocks, but it's the other places, where I cook things to consume or put my naked skin on. I am surprised that the person who does clean the kitchen and bathroom hasn't gotten seriously mad.

Oh another thing that drives me nuts. You know when you're done with dishes and some suds are left? It drives me absolutely bonkers when that isn't rinsed out. To me, that is just gross.

Comment

Originally posted by Fashion Lad! View Post
                    I cannot stand laziness when it comes to hygiene or general house keeping.

HEAR HEAR!!!! I agree with you so much on this!!

If only I could get my kids to understand this

They NEVER clean up after themselves or when they see something that needs to be done just do it like I do. And it drives me CRAZY!!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

This is why I live alone. Having to share living space with other people would drive me to homicide; I hate the idea of going to take a shower only to find someone else's pubes blocking the plughole. Gross.
                      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Working...
                      X