Political Bashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Bashing

I don't mind political bashing. If you can't stand Obama's politics, go for it. Slam the shit out of them! Pick apart his policies and actions and stuff. Tell the world how wrong everything he does is.

But I can't stand people who sit there and "reach" for things. i.e. they have no real problem with anything he does, except for what party he belongs to. That annoys the hell out of me.

I can't remember, did the republicans have to deal with the same bullshit when bush was president?

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
    I can't remember, did the republicans have to deal with the same bullshit when bush was president?
    Whether he did or not 8 years ago, people will say he did.
    Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Considering I've seen numerous poster here and on CS call them "reTHUGlicans" or "REPUGlicans"-yeah they did.....
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
        Considering I've seen numerous poster here and on CS call them "reTHUGlicans" or "REPUGlicans"-yeah they did.....
        I'd like to apologize on behalf of the fratching and CS community.

They have examined a political party whose primary motivations seem to be 1. telling people who they can and cannot fuck (and are working on controlling when, where, and how as much as possible), 2. telling anybody who is not a toe-the-line Christian how to be a better one and 3. making sure that everybody is told to stand on their own (unless that would violate 1. and 2.).

Republicans deserve far more creative name calling than that, and I, for one, am ashamed that your examples above are the best that could be done.

But, hey, I know that not all of them are like that. In fact, some of my best friends are Republicans.
        Last edited by Pedersen; 10-02-2009, 04:46 AM.

Comment

There was so rarely a shortage of problems with what Bush was actually doing that wasn't necessary

They have examined a political party whose primary motivations seem to be 1. telling people who they can and cannot fuck (and are working on controlling when, where, and how as much as possible), 2. telling anybody who is not a toe-the-line Christian how to be a better one and 3. making sure that everybody is told to stand on their own (unless that would violate 1. and 2.).
          Amen! (if you'll pardon the expression) and I'd like to add *their kind* of Christian, because apparently I'm not allowed to believe in Jesus if I disagree about things like point 1. Sorry, I know it's not really on-topic for the thread but it's been driving me up the wall lately and I have to whine someplace
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Pedersen View Post
            You forgot money and the export of manufactured outrage.

Comment

What I get tired of is when people pick them appart because of crap that happened in their personal life.

Who cares if Sarah Palin's daughter got pregnant? Does it really affect her campaign that much? I could understand disagreeing with her policies (like her wanting creationism taught in schools), but leave her daughter out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
                Does it really affect her campaign that much? I could understand disagreeing with her policies (like her wanting creationism taught in schools), but leave her daughter out of it.
                Actually, yes, when part of her platform was abstinence-only sex education, and her unmarried, teenaged daughter becomes pregnant, it does effect her campaign. "Hey, my policies are so out of touch with reality that I can't even use them effectively on the one person I should have near-absolute control over!"
                Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Originally posted by BroomJockey View Post
                  Actually, yes, when part of her platform was abstinence-only sex education, and her unmarried, teenaged daughter becomes pregnant, it does effect her campaign. "Hey, my policies are so out of touch with reality that I can't even use them effectively on the one person I should have near-absolute control over!"
                  Add in that her response when she found out about it was to cover it up.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                    Add in that her response when she found out about it was to cover it up.
                    And toss in how she used the entire family as props in her campaign thus taking them from personal into the public view to begin with.

Comment

On a similar note though I hate how they bring up ancient history. "Hey Mr. 65 year old presidential candidate, is it true that 4 decades ago you...SMOKED MARIJUANA!!!!?!?!?!?!?!" Who gives a flying fuck!?!?

Comment

On a similar note though I hate how they bring up ancient history. "Hey Mr. 65 year old presidential candidate, is it true that 4 decades ago you...SMOKED MARIJUANA!!!!?!?!?!?!?!" Who gives a flying fuck!?!?
                        "Yeah, but I didn't inhale."

Comment

Thread Title: I hate political bashing.

Thread: Full of political bashing.

Riiiiiiiiight. Mayhaps part of why people hate it so much. It seems impossible for folks to ever let it GO.

Comment

Originally posted by MystyGlyttyr View Post
                            Riiiiiiiiight. Mayhaps part of why people hate it so much. It seems impossible for folks to ever let it GO.
                            But it's fun. How many places is it a mortal insult to accuse someone of being a liar to the point where the boss makes you apologize publicly? And then you don't want us to mock them?

Comment

Originally posted by MystyGlyttyr View Post
                              The OP may hate political "bashing", but for the most part people here like it, and may even consider it a civic duty.

Comment

Working...
                              X