Stuff that Grosses Me Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tropicsgoddess View Post
    Mucus and phlegm. Ugh, just...ugh. Bad Acne. It's a HUGE turn off to me to see guys that have really bad acne, especially on their face and they have a crap ton of zits with the white stuff that look ready to pop. *puke*
    ewwwwww. Right there with you. And double ditto for body acne, because you can cover that mess up. I'm more understanding of teenagers, because puberty acne is a fact of life and you shouldn't pop zits (although I just have to, can't stand it). But an adult? Start taking better care of your skin and get thee to a dermatologist. You might not be able to cure it, but you can at least improve it substantially.

Reminds me of when I was with BT. One night we were in bed, and I was scraping my nails down his back when...*pop* Yeah, I had scratched a zit and popped it. Gross.

Right now, pretty much everyone on campus has some kind of cold, flu, or allergy-related sinus problem. It's snot central. I had to sub in at the last minute for the Theatre History professor ("Hey, can you lecture on this topic in 2 hours? Great.") and the class sounded like a tubercular ward with all the coughing. Add in the sneezing and sniffling and I kept a good distance from the students. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
      But an adult? Start taking better care of your skin and get thee to a dermatologist. You might not be able to cure it, but you can at least improve it substantially.
      Once again, you're jumping to conclusions about people based on their appearance. Acne is not always controllable, even for adults. The most effective "cures" involve either rubbing chemicals on your skin or ingesting them orally. Some people can't or won't do that, and I don't see why they should have to just because you find them unpleasing to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyndaran View Post
        Very few things gross me out.
        Anyone spitting makes me want to vomit, yet I wouldn't be grossed out if someone vomited right in front of me.

As to fetishes, there is no concept that is not a fetish to someone. Animal abuse, vomit, scat, urine, stump, dwarf, covered in chocolate, robot, machinery, old people, children, teens, gay, hetero, missionary, oral, anal, colostomy hole..
        Your kink is my horror, and vice versa.
        You are so right about that one....but I have to admint colostomy hole is a new one on me
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
          You are so right about that one....but I have to admint colostomy hole is a new one on me
          I think I read it on a medical board about genital warts in odd places. There is no bottom to which mankind can not sink lower than.

Comment

I suspect I know which medical board you're talking about, and even the thread. Same one mentioned "pink sock".

No, don't google it folks.
            Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
            Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
              When I was a kid, I had to take some kind of medication that left nasty stains on my teeth. I would often have kids at school approach me and ask me why I didn't brush my teeth. I did brush, it's just that the medicine left those stains on and they wouldn't come out with brushing alone.
              I sympathise. Due to too much fluoride in the drinking water where I grew up, I have fluorosis. My front teeth look like a Jackson Pollack painting, and no amount of brushing, flossing, dental cleanings or anything short of expensive veneers will fix it. The amount of ridicule I got for it did my self-esteem no end of good. And despite all the hype, it really didn't strengthen my teeth any.

Thing is, though, it's obvious my teeth are clean, just stained. There's no buildup around the gums, no slime clinging to the teeth and my breath isn't horrible. So I do understand that some people just weren't blessed with good teeth, but that doesn't excuse poor hygiene.
              People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
              If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Originally posted by XCashier View Post
                I sympathise. Due to too much fluoride in the drinking water where I grew up, I have fluorosis. My front teeth look like a Jackson Pollack painting, and no amount of brushing, flossing, dental cleanings or anything short of expensive veneers will fix it. The amount of ridicule I got for it did my self-esteem no end of good. And despite all the hype, it really didn't strengthen my teeth any.
                Yeah, it can be hard to explain to some people. Many people just like to make assumptions about people. That medicine I took left a stain right through the centers of my front teeth. It looked almost like someone had drawn a slightly jagged florescent line across them. Nonetheless, every time I explained the medicine to people, they would look at me crosseyed or just give me that deer-in-the-headlights look.

Fortunately, that whitening stuff my dentist gave me worked pretty well, and by the middle of ninth grade, the stain was pretty much gone. I haven't had to deal with that since then.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried any teeth whitening stuff on your teeth? Like anything from the dentist or any of the over-the-counter stuff?

Comment

I work with a few people who have a lot of missing teeth, and a few with rotting teeth.

Yes, teeth that are rotting. It really grosses me out.

I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but I start to feel ill when I talk to someone whose teeth are rotting and brown/black and just.....ew.

I try not to judge too harshly on teeth as far as if they are crooked or gapped, because no one is perfect and I've got myself quite a huge gap in my bottom front teeth that I can stick a straw between....but I do my best to hide it, it makes me insecure a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
                    Just out of curiosity, have you tried any teeth whitening stuff on your teeth? Like anything from the dentist or any of the over-the-counter stuff?
                    Some of the whitening toothpastes do help very slightly. I haven't tried the strips or anything else because they're expensive and I hate to buy something expensive only to have it not work anyway.
                    People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                    If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
                    X