Laziness Hurting My Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laziness Hurting My Club

I'm extremely dedicated to the chemistry club that we have on my campus. A lot of my life revolves around it. Last year, one of my friends became the social chair for the club. He pretty much never did anything in his position, but luckily a couple people, especially one woman stepped up. When we did elections for this year, he ran again for the same position, promising to do a better job. A girl who is a sophomore this year and did a heck of a job finding us social events ran against him. The rest of my friends (we are all seniors now) voted against our friend because we didn't want him to hurt the club. All the underclassmen voted for our friend because he'd be a senior this year. So far we've had four meetings this semester. He went to two and I'm pretty sure he's not planning on going to tomorrow's meeting. The president and I have been talking about it and if he doesn't show up, we are going to have to remove him from his position for not performing his duties. It just pisses me off that it had to come to this.

Another one of our friends is the secretary. She takes notes of what is mentioned in the meetings and is supposed to post these notes each week through emails so we have a reminder of what happened and for those who can't go to the meetings. She's been posting them every Wednesday night. Our meetings are Thursdays. That means she waits nearly an entire week to post them. Sometimes we come up with random weekend events like movie nights and there's no way for people who can't go to meetings to find out since they don't hear about it until it's too late. President and I need to have a talk with her. Also, she's supposed to take care of the email account. One sophomore never got emails last year. She still wasn't getting them this year. I was talking to her on AIM so I decided to go on the email account myself and see if I could get her added to the emailing list. It took me about 20 seconds. I brought up her contact file and saw she wasn't added to the active members group that gets the emails. She's on the list now. But seriously? I know my friends aren't computer illiterate. Why in the world did it take me to go on there and fix it? Lazy? Brain farts? I don't know, but I do know there's no way it should have taken this long to fix the problem.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers
Working...
X