Ice Cream and Popsicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Cream and Popsicles

We always want ice cream and popsicles for breakfast. Yes we do. And honestly, when you compare sugar contents and all that, I can't imagine there's much difference between a bowl of ice cream and a bowl of Frankenchocolates Diabetic Rush cereal. But for some reason I just can't wrap my head around it being a good idea. I would probably save myself a lot of headaches if I just gave in and let everyone have their damn ice cream and popsicles.

I'd let them have ice cream for breakfast once a season, as a special treat. But not if they ask for it.

Comment

actually cold pizza(leftover) is a better choice-why? Well you have grain, dairy, and depending on toppings veggies and meat. However as far as Ice cream goes, I'd suggest maybe some low-fat frozen yogurt with fruit topping(would be healthier than "Frankenchocolates Diabetic Rush cereal"-hey health conscious adults eat yogurt for breakfast-what difference does it make frozen or not?

FWIW-the days when my son just didn't want anything foodwise-I could always get him to eat some yogurt.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

My daughter loves to eat Eggo's. Only eggo's. My mother hates that she eats them at all. I've made daughter scrambled eggs, over easy eggs, toast, hash browns. She'll eat bacon when I make it, but if it's not an Eggo, she just sighs a lot and pretends to eat it.

As for cereal? She prefers it in a little bowl with no milk. Just like a little snack. I have no problem with that. I know I can feed her something healthier during the day.

Cold Pizza for breakfast I like. Just about cold anything for whatever reason.

And how about Chocolate Cake for breakfast? I've done that. But then again, it was just me, and I'm an adult.
        Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

I always loved anything breakfast-y. On nights when Dad would be working in the fields late, Mom and I would have 'breakfast for dinner' so we wouldn't have to hear him complain about "them hen-apples* stinkin' up the place".

I find Eggos to be kinda rubbery and bland...but Kashi's Honey Oat waffles? With a bit of real maple syurp? Mmmmmm....delish! As a kid, though, we usually at something like Cheerios during the week, but might get Golden Grahams or Froot Loops for Saturday. (My Aunt would always let us have Cocoa Krispies when we stayed over ) Actually, I still keep Cocoa Krispies or Golden Grahams around and occasionally have a little bowl for dessert in lieu of a big bowl of ice cream. Hey, it's fortified with vitamins and minerals!!

*eggs. One of my Dad's...."Dad-isms"

Comment

A hot grain cereal like oat meal etc... and in a scoop of vanillia icecream oooooooooo

Comment

Whatever the closest beer is, whether it's cold or warm, will do.

Or room temp pizza.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by IDrinkaRum View Post
                My daughter loves to eat Eggo's. Only eggo's. My mother hates that she eats them at all. I've made daughter scrambled eggs, over easy eggs, toast, hash browns. She'll eat bacon when I make it, but if it's not an Eggo, she just sighs a lot and pretends to eat it.

As for cereal? She prefers it in a little bowl with no milk. Just like a little snack. I have no problem with that. I know I can feed her something healthier during the day.

Cold Pizza for breakfast I like. Just about cold anything for whatever reason.

And how about Chocolate Cake for breakfast? I've done that. But then again, it was just me, and I'm an adult.
                I find a lot of these issues stem from the child feeling they're not being heard. It might be about breakfast, or something else. It doesn't feel good if their voice isn't heard, or their denied a choice just because they're a child. This happens far too often.

Parents forget about the privileges they have as an adult. They don't have to ask for what food they want they can go out and buy it, without being judged. There are whole grain frozen waffles if your concerned about their health, but your daughter feels powerless when she asks for something that isn't unreasonable and it's denied.

As far as your mother is concerned, I think she has some growing up to do. She's an adult, she can go out and buy her own Eggos if she doesn't like that the daughter eats them all. Getting upset with you, like she's a child, is ridiculous.

Comment

Cold pizza rocks as a breakfast food. ^^

Cake is also good. I'm not very hungry in the early morning, but I have to eat something before I go to work or else I'm dead on my feet midmorning. So I eat whatever I fancy.
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

How about Hot Pockets?

Comment

Thank you VioletYoshi. At least about my mom.

I do make Child Rum Eggo's during the week. However, I'm afraid she's going to get tired of Eggo's and I want to give her variety. She actually likes to eat pancakes (either out or when her daddy makes them - I always seem to burn at least one side - and I never make homemade waffles 'cos well, I don't like waffles).

As for breakfast foods? I don't eat breakfast foods for breakfast, unless someone else is cooking or I'm at a restaurant.

Every morning I normally have a sandwich and either a bag of chips or something else to go along with it.

I hate make breakfast for breakfast. Now for lunch or dinner? No problem!

For dinner, I will sometimes steam either a head of cabbage or a bag of already shredded cabbage. Cook up some corned beef hash & cook some overeasy eggs. Then I put the cabbage on the botom, the hash on top & the eggs on top of the hash. (Except for Child Rum - I put everything separate on her plate so she knows what she's having). Mr. Rum loves that dish.

I don't know why I don't eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Am I weird?
                      Oh Holy Trinity, the Goddess Caffeine'Na, the Great Cowthulhu, & The Doctor, Who Art in Tardis, give me strength. Moo. Moo. Java. Timey Wimey

Avatar says: DAVID TENNANT More Evidence God is a Woman

Comment

Thank you VioletYoshi. At least about my mom.

I do make Child Rum Eggo's during the week. However, I'm afraid she's going to get tired of Eggo's and I want to give her variety. She actually likes to eat pancakes (either out or when her daddy makes them - I always seem to burn at least one side - and I never make homemade waffles 'cos well, I don't like waffles).

As for breakfast foods? I don't eat breakfast foods for breakfast, unless someone else is cooking or I'm at a restaurant.

Every morning I normally have a sandwich and either a bag of chips or something else to go along with it.

I hate make breakfast for breakfast. Now for lunch or dinner? No problem!

For dinner, I will sometimes steam either a head of cabbage or a bag of already shredded cabbage. Cook up some corned beef hash & cook some overeasy eggs. Then I put the cabbage on the botom, the hash on top & the eggs on top of the hash. (Except for Child Rum - I put everything separate on her plate so she knows what she's having). Mr. Rum loves that dish.

I don't know why I don't eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Am I weird?
                        Not at all. I think Denny's had a ad campaign awhile back, where they said "Who says you can't have breakfast for dinner?"

Comment

Am I weird?
                          Nah. As long as you're getting enough food, and ChildRum is getting all the vitamins/minerals/and such that she needs to grow up....who cares when you eat what?

Oh, and I'm one of those weird people who will wait to have leftover pizza for lunch...but I warm it up first. Can't help it. Pizza, in my mind, equals hot. (That's not saying that I haven't stumbled into the living room after a bender and started chewing on a slice of cold pizza to put something in my stomach. But I don't make a habit of it.)

Comment

I have breakfast for lunch a lot of times. My husband doesn't like eggs in any form unless they're in a baked good (like cookies) so I'll make scrambled or over easy eggs for myself, with toast and bacon or sausage or ham, for lunch while he's at work.

Comment

I think Bill Cosby said it best a couple of times.

Chocolate cake for breakfast?
                              Eggs, eggs are in chocolate cake, and milk, milk is in chocolate cake, and flour....

Comment

Working...
                              X