No announcement yet.

Early birds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bosses have taken to calling me really early. Like 8am early. I don't have classes until 11am Monday through Thursday. I purposely made my schedule like that because I don't perform well at 8am. Grrrrrrr.

My mom has been pretty good about not calling me in the morning. She usually just lets me call her instead cause she's already at work when I wake up. She really only calls when there's something important, a sports game, or I left my phone off all day and she thinks I'm face down in a gutter, kinda like today.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

During my last job, I started early, so I got very used to waking at 5:30 or so every morning. Not my preference, but the habit is so ingrained - and most likely that'll be the shift I work when I finally find another job - that I've kept it up.

But my preference is later. Much. By preference, I'd never head to bed until around 2am, waking sometime around 9 or 10.

Comment

ugh... in college and a bit later I had to deal with people who decided to call at 8am often (long story...) now this was even after my parents explained that my dad was a night person so the household was nocturnal by nature, hell the fact I could FAKE functionality at 8am was a shock in itself, much less being awake, but then I HAD morning classes sometimes so I kind of learned to fake it, but on my days off or after collage I didn't need the wake up call and neither did they but I got them anyways (yuck)

even now sometimes people buzz the door at 7am to sell us something or telemarketers will call at 8am (an hour after my husband leaves for work) and wake ME up (I like sleeping in as a housewife thank you) making the rest of the day suck as I can not fall back asleep

there is a reason the 9am-12am rule is in place where I live
        I'm a happy, well adjusted emotinally disturbed person, who can't spell

Comment

Working...
        X