Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pointless rules that make NO logical sense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointless rules that make NO logical sense!

I am currently immigrating from one side of the world to the other.

I have never in my entire life encountered so many fucking useless no point "make work" rules.

Today I went to start the process of getting my drivers license. Now anyone in Canada can get a drivers license with the proper ID on them as long as you are legally in the country.

EXCEPT if you are in the middle of immigrating.... thats right

A visitor here on a holiday can walk in and take the driving test and get a learners license. A citizen or Canadian born can walk in and take the test. A fucking person from Mars can walk in and take the test.

BUT OHHHHHH NO

Not if you at a certain stage where you have your preliminary acceptance but not your full acceptance yet for Permanent residency. Thats right if I am here on HOLIDAY I can take it, if I am approved Perm Resident I can take it, if I am in the middle of the process..... no license for me!

And you want to know the reason why..... THERE IS NO REASON, they could not give me a reason other than "its not allowed", when asked why it is not allowed I am told "thats just the way it is"

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Who made up this effing idiotic nonsensical rule? What effing difference does it make what stage of immigrating I am at, I won't drive differently, I wont magically become a maroon who can't drive. My immigration status has ABSOLUTELY ZERO EFFECT on my driving.

Once I am a citizen you had better believe I will be kicking up a fuss over all the shit I have gone though, this is not the only rule that makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Don't even get me started on the fact I am not allowed to volunteer to fill my time while I'm not allowed to work.
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Well, you see, the reason is...

It's like that because...

Uh, it's... due to...

Wtf. A person from another country can?! Seriously?!

The *only* thing I can think of is that they put your legal residence on there, and so if your immigration application is denied, then you get punted out of the country and they don't want you having a legal piece of Canadian ID that makes it seem as if you're a resident.

But even THAT would be a hell of a stretch. Like, from here to the moon stretching.

I do say though, I wouldn't hold it against them for not knowing why it is. There's a few likely explanations for that part. 1. It's the government, and so it was simply handed down with no explanation and no one knows or is able to explain. 2. They DO know, but it's convoluted or sounds illogical, so rather than taking the time to explain it, they just say "Dunno, but rules are rules." (I've used that one from time to time). 3. They were new and haven't learned, or just forgot. 4. They suck at their job and don't care.

There's a few more I'm leaving out, but that covers most of the basics. However, you'd know from actually being there which would be most likely. If you say it's 4, I'm right there with ya!

Seriously, people on vacation?!
    Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

Broom you want to know the most retarded part about it

Because I don't have my pre-lim approval I was allowed to take the test (and I did, and passed it) but had I gotten a letter in the mail saying I was "pending full approval" I wouldn't be allowed to....

I also have to get my full licence (take a road test) BEFORE I get that letter.....

most retarded rule ever goes to - the moron who made up that rule
      I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi

Comment

AUGH! NO! NO MORE! YOU'RE BREAKING MY BRAIN!!! *flees in terror, hands clasped to ears to keep brains from leaking out*
        Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

The experiment involved 5 monkeys, a cage, a banana, a ladder and, crucially, a water hose.

The 5 monkeys would be locked in a cage, after which a banana was hung from the ceiling with, fortunately for the monkeys (or so it seemed…), a ladder placed right underneath it.

Of course, immediately, one of the monkeys would race towards the ladder, intending to climb it and grab the banana. However, as soon as he would start to climb, the sadist (euphemistically called “scientist”) would spray the monkey with ice-cold water. In addition, however, he would also spray the other four monkeys…

When a second monkey was about to climb the ladder, the sadist would, again, spray the monkey with ice-cold water, and apply the same treatment to its four fellow inmates; likewise for the third climber and, if they were particularly persistent (or dumb), the fourth one. Then they would have learned their lesson: they were not going to climb the ladder again – banana or no banana.

In order to gain further pleasure or, I guess, prolong the experiment, the sadist outside the cage would then replace one of the monkeys with a new one. As can be expected, the new guy would spot the banana, think “why don’t these idiots go get it?!” and start climbing the ladder. Then, however, it got interesting: the other four monkeys, familiar with the cold-water treatment, would run towards the new guy – and beat him up. The new guy, blissfully unaware of the cold-water history, would get the message: no climbing up the ladder in this cage – banana or no banana.

When the beast outside the cage would replace a second monkey with a new one, the events would repeat themselves – monkey runs towards the ladder; other monkeys beat him up; new monkey does not attempt to climb again – with one notable detail: the first new monkey, who had never received the cold-water treatment himself (and didn’t even know anything about it), would, with equal vigour and enthusiasm, join in the beating of the new guy on the block.

When the researcher replaced a third monkey, the same thing happened; likewise for the fourth until, eventually, all the monkeys had been replaced and none of the ones in the cage had any experience or knowledge of the cold-water treatment.

Then, a new monkey was introduced into the cage. It ran toward the ladder only to get beaten up by the others. Yet, this monkey turned around and asked “why do you beat me up when I try to get the banana?” The other four monkeys stopped, looked at each other slightly puzzled and, finally, shrugged their shoulders: “Don’t know. But that’s the way we do things around here”…

Management.

Comment

International driving permits are a good way around that.
            I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
            Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post
              International driving permits are a good way around that.
              They are usually only good for a year and most countries also have a limit on how long you can use them for. In BC its about six months and I am well past that.

Nice try though, but logical thought is not allowed when it comes to red tape!

Comment

Working...
              X