No announcement yet.

You Might Be a Redneck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi my name is Kimmik and my family and myself are rednecks...

Yes current use of redneck is generally a bad thing same with hill-billy, hick, yank(ee) and so forth.

But you know what, I am proud to be a redneck... I grew up playing in a foundry, you played in the wash and you worshed your hands. Sunday was football day and Clint Eastwood and John Wayne were the all American good guys. You drove American cars/trucks. Every summer was camping, every fall was hunting season.

Fishing was a fun way to pass the hot summer days, we went swimming in the creek. Jeans and a tee was the average clothing.. You were proud of the skills that you were born with...you worked hard and you had respect for your parents.

You help your neighbor out and you worked for what you had. You canned and you grew a garden. HS football was fun to watch and the rivalry between the schools was all in fun.

hell any word for any group can be a slur.. Hippie was not always a good thing... Growing up to me a hippie was a heavy drug using, dirty person that didnt want to work and thought the world owed them something.

I am a refined redneck... I can go toe to toe at a black tie function... turn around and throw on jeans and a tee and get down and dirty. I tease my husband for being a yank or a northern boy... hehe boy was it a kick in the pants when he discovered sweet tea lol thought I killed him.

I am comfy in the city or country but ask me what I prefer and every time it will be the country... You can take the girl out of the country but you cant take the country out of the girl.

Comment

Redneck seems to have wildly different definitions for everyone here. That makes it a useless word in my opinion only able to cause dissent and animosity.

Comment

Working...
      X