That I Can't Be Happy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
    Maybe it's because I'm tired, but this made me laugh out loud.

Who the hell brags about owning a Honda?

This bugger of a recession has really changed things.
    My brother did in high school you could fill the thing up for 10 bucks last you a week.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

A quick update:

Things are much much better. I'm doing better in my Women's History class (A- on the last paper!!) and in classes in general. I've got some of my confidence back. My show opened last night, and it was amazing. A bunch of my friends went with me, brought me flowers, I actually wore a dress, and we all went out to dinner after. The show went so well...and I don't have to be in rehearsals anymore! Wooot.

A friend of mine from undergrad is coming to visit next weekend, which is exciting and a little...scary? awkward? I haven't seen him in 3 years. Should be fun though, I'm caught up on work enough that I can spare time to hang out.

So...things are looking up in most places, except on the relationship front and I just don't have time to deal with it right now. Which is sad, but the truth. Meh.

Anyways, thanks for all the good wishes and PM's, it helped through a bit of a rough patch!

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        My brother did in high school you could fill the thing up for 10 bucks last you a week.
        Yeah, I know. Our primary vehicle is a Civic.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things are looking up, AA!

Comment

I spoke too soon!

My laptop has a malware virus infection thingy. Yay. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
            for my friends.

I have lots of friends that are getting married, in new relationships, having children, or are otherwise doing well in life - due to their posts on Facebook. I know I should post my congratulations....but I can't. Seeing it just makes me feel heartsick.

I'm 26 freakin' years old, and I've only had a few relationships. Don't feel like I can attract anyone in my current state (overweight). Don't have the ambition or ability to do much about that. I'm struggling with my classes and wondering if I've made a terrible, horrible decision. Do I even belong here? I keep waiting for somebody to send me back to the farm....inferiority complex to the max. I tend not to say things in class or rehearsal, because I'm so afraid it will be wrong and I'll look stupid. Teaching is a little better, but I'm still afraid. What if I say something wrong? What if I don't answer their question enough? Will they give me a low evaluation? Will I get kicked out of the program?

I'm depressed, I'm completely stressed out, and I just need a vacation. A real vacation, not a break from school where I try to catch up on my work and fail. I've never gone on a vacation as an adult. I wouldn't have anyone to go with...well, friends, but they're also grad students and are dealing with many of my problems.

I dunno, I guess being dumped last month has just sent me into a long downward spiral. I'll climb out eventually, always do. But right now...I'm just...meh.

And on top of that, I feel like a horrible friend. :-(
            Join the club. I've watched friends meet someone special, fall in love, have kids, get divorced, date new people, fall in love again, and get married AGAIN, all while I have NO ONE. There is no justice left in the world. All the good ones are taken. The only ones that ever develop an interest in me are absolutely, batshit INSANE, and once they get to know the REAL me, even THEY won't have me.

Some days, I really have to wonder why I don't just buy a gun and end it all.

But back to the topic at hand... I haven't had a Valentine on Valentine's Day since... 1994, I believe it was. As it is, I usually prefer to work on Valentine's Day, and I always hope to be too busy to notice all the happy couples out enjoying their day together, because the sight of them enjoying what I apparently can never have fills me with a homicidal rage that words can't even begin to describe... especially since so many of them don't even APPRECIATE what they have!

I should have become a supervillain... at least then I'd be able to keep busy with trying to invent a doomsday bomb to wipe out all life on Earth!
            Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 05-02-2010, 01:56 AM.
            "You guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"
            --Zaphod Beeblebrox

Comment

Working...
            X