No announcement yet.

"Haha! You can't do this, so let's make fun of you!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your friends are being assholes, plain and simple. Apparently, being a good sport is something they can't do, so maybe you should make fun of them for that.

I hate hate hate hate hate HATE when people pick at your flaws, trying to make themselves look better. This is why I think a little bragging never hurts. It's better to brag about your own strengths than to put down the flaws of others. Unfortunately, I think our culture encourges this kind of attitude. Bragging is seen as bad, but pointing out the flaws of others is seen as helpful. This means people think that saying "Your fat!" is going to help someone lose weight. Yet these same people will talk about how they need to lose weight to people who are obviously heavier. See, putting down themselves and putting down others in the process. Probably hoping that they can get someone to say "Oh you're perfect", and they can keep arguing against them. Gah!!!

Sorry to derail this thread. I probably should have started my own threat, but JESUS! This kind of stuff gets to me too.

Comment

Yeah, it does suck when people only seem to want to talk about the petty things you have trouble with. I always think, "You know, I manage to do all sorts of things well, yet you want to focus on these few gaffes I have."

Comment

Working...
      X