Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I drank 10 liters of diet pepsi yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I drank 10 liters of diet pepsi yesterday.

It's getting expensive even when buying two liters.
    I still went to bed at the same time I did the night before.
    It also, for some odd reason doesn't affect my anxiety, while every other stimulant does. Even decongestants are a problem for me.

Anyone ever drink that much?
    I can't find any information about those without serious mental illnesses drinking that much fluid voluntarily.
    I'm not even mentioning how much plain water I had as well.

Are you actually thirsty, or just feel like some pepsi?

If you have constant thirst, as I'm sure you're aware, this can indicate some health problems, diabetes etc. Have you asked a doctor about it?

If it's just feeling like pepsi, I doubt there's anything actually wrong with you. You've just got yourself a habit, and never underestimate the power of habitual behavior! 10 litres is quite a lot, but as far as a vice/habit goes, it's not impossible or even unlikely.

Is it something you want to actually stop doing, or are you happy drinking that much and just worried it's bad for you?

Comment

On behalf of fellow pepsi drinkers, why did you drink that much? that is seriously not healthy even if it is diet.

I'm sorry but seriously there is no way that was healthy even remotely.

also: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0519075420.htm

Cut back like way back. Part of it is going to be caffeine withdrawal probably but seriously find something else to drink.

Honestly you must have been peeing all day.

Comment

Ah the beloved addiction! Even if its just pepsi, even if it was just caffeine free diet pepsi, or just plain water...is there a reason you drink so much?

I knew a guy who was a severe alcoholic, until for some reason or other he went through AA and dried out. Then he started drinking like four pots of coffee a day.

Addictions suck. Take it from an addict. I drink a full 10 cup pot of coffee every morning just to get going. Then I get all dehydrated and my stomach hurts and my poop stings.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
          Ah the beloved addiction! Even if its just pepsi, even if it was just caffeine free diet pepsi, or just plain water...is there a reason you drink so much?

I knew a guy who was a severe alcoholic, until for some reason or other he went through AA and dried out. Then he started drinking like four pots of coffee a day.

Addictions suck. Take it from an addict. I drink a full 10 cup pot of coffee every morning just to get going. Then I get all dehydrated and my stomach hurts and my poop stings.
          Yes, I've tried getting my mom to kick her Diet Coke habit, to no avail.

If you like flavored drinks, Capri Sun makes a drink called Roarin Waters that's really good. I love the grape flavor.

Comment

How do you know for certain it does not affect your anxiety? I mean, yoiu have an anxiety disorder. You have a lot of anxiety, I take it. You also drink waaaaaay more diet stuff than the average person. On what are you basing your conviction that it is not exacerbating a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              How do you know for certain it does not affect your anxiety? I mean, yoiu have an anxiety disorder. You have a lot of anxiety, I take it. You also drink waaaaaay more diet stuff than the average person. On what are you basing your conviction that it is not exacerbating a problem?
              I quit for about a month, and no difference.
              My bladder has grown to handle it, so I don't need to pee that often.

I don't know if quitting would be worth the effort. I just don't like the expense.

I have been tested for diabetes nearly ever single time I go to the doctor's. But I really am that thirsty. I will drink enormous amounts of water even if I don't drink diet Pepsi.
              At the moment, some of it may in some way relate to my hyperthyroid and the medication not quite working.

Comment

I wouldn't worry so much about hydration. The greater concern is your caffeine intake. 10 liters of Diet Pepsi contains over 1000mg of caffeine*, which is nearly three times the upper recommended limit for healthy adults.

Any person consuming that much caffeine over the long-term is very likely to have at least some negative (and in many cases, permanent) health effects. It's not good for your cardiovascular system. And I just cannot swallow that it doesn't affect your anxiety levels.

Edited to add: Because Diet Pepsi is lower in caffeine than most soft drinks, you have to drink massive quantities of it to get to 1000mg. But let me put 1000mg of caffeine into perspective for people: It is the equivalent of drinking 12 cans of Red Bull in one day.
                Last edited by Boozy; 10-23-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I dunno about you guys, and I don't drink sodas with sugar nor aspertame in them (I only drink brands that contain sucralose and asulfame potassium as sweetners) and then only limit myself. But they are not thirst quenchers. They contain sodium, usually, and that makes you thirsty.

If Flynn wants a drink with some "taste" in it, (like my husband), he could make a much less chemical filled cocktail by putting a little koolaid, fruit juice, or Torani sugar free syrup into some tonic water or seltzer water, throwing a little dash of Splenda in there, and there you go. No salt, sugar, or aspartame, no phosphoric acid, no caffiene.

I'm not saying Splenda is perfect, either, but if you make it yourself you can use way less than if you buy it ready made.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                    I wouldn't worry so much about hydration. The greater concern is your caffeine intake. 10 liters of Diet Pepsi contains over 1000mg of caffeine*, which is nearly three times the upper recommended limit for healthy adults.

Any person consuming that much caffeine over the long-term is very likely to have at least some negative (and in many cases, permanent) health effects. It's not good for your cardiovascular system. And I just cannot swallow that it doesn't affect your anxiety levels.
                    I would also have trouble believing that it didn't affect my anxiety if I weren't me.
                    Hopefully that day was just a strange perfect storm of diet Pepsi thirst.
                    I'm just glad that I've never tried illicit drugs if I get this addicted to soda drinks.

Originally posted by RecoveringKinkoid
                    I dunno about you guys, and I don't drink sodas with sugar nor aspertame in them (I only drink brands that contain sucralose and asulfame potassium as sweetners) and then only limit myself. But they are not thirst quenchers. They contain sodium, usually, and that makes you thirsty.

If Flynn wants a drink with some "taste" in it, (like my husband), he could make a much less chemical filled cocktail by putting a little koolaid, fruit juice, or Torani sugar free syrup into some tonic water or seltzer water, throwing a little dash of Splenda in there, and there you go. No salt, sugar, or aspartame, no phosphoric acid, no caffiene.

I'm not saying Splenda is perfect, either, but if you make it yourself you can use way less than if you buy it ready made.
                    Silly enough, I don't like Splenda, because it tastes too much like real sugar. It also isn't as old as aspartame, and therefore hasn't been as vetted for safety.
                    A small amount of salt is actually easier on the stomach that pure water. It's only large amounts that promote thirst. I hate Kool-Aid, and fruit juice is too sweet, so I'm pretty much stuck with my previous... er Diet Pepsi and Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi.
                    Last edited by Flyndaran; 10-23-2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X