Loud People Late at Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud People Late at Night

Today was relatively warm, so I shut off the heat and opened up the windows. It's so nice....a nice cool breeze, the smell of autumn...*sigh*

Now, I understand that on a Saturday night in a college town there will be parties. I also understand that after a home game in said town there will be more parties. I don't have an issue with that at all.

However, it would be nice if these people on their journey between the party and their car would kindly SHUT THE HELL UP!!! Or at least not scream, yell at each other from across the block, sing, and other such nonsense. At least I'm still up, so it's a mere annoyance. I can't imagine the families with kids around here appreciate a bunch of frat guys yelling "Asshole" and "Faggot" at each other in the street all night.

Side annoyance: Thanks to you, University, and your parking rules, I was not able to get to the library today to do needed research. Honestly, I think you can set aside one tiny lot for students on game day. Sheesh. I can't wait until the end of football season.

I get the same problem during the day; this is more a summer complaint, but whatever.

Parents, if your children play in the garden, could you kindly stop them from constantly screeching as tho someone is about to murder them? For one thing, if someone did murder your children, no-one would know the difference between their screams then and how they are normally. For another, I don't see why I should be forced to sit in a hot flat with the windows closed just to block out your children's shrieking.

There's a little thing called "parenting" which you should be aware of. No-one is suggesting your children play in utter silence; however, there is a huge difference between child fun noises; ie laughing, mild shouting, chuckles, babble etc... and prolonged screeching that could shatter glass. If your kids do that, the correct response is to tell them, "Either be quiet or come indoors." This will ensure that, cuz they don't want to stop having fun outside, they will quit the screaming. Not hard at all.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

AA - your timing with this thread is impeccible. I had the same issue last night.

Guys a few dors down were apparently hosting a bachelor party, complete with rented school bus (yes-full sized), strippers, the whole nine yards.

I was pretty patient until the smokers moved out on the balcony and decided to scream/yell at one another as part of their conversation. This too, was rife with such gems as 'faggot' 'asshole' and 'fucking pussy'.

I was young once and I'm far from a prude, but holy SHIT was that annoying. Especially since I work a 14 hour day on Sunday and needed to be up at 730a.

Comment

PG, in that case I would've filed a noise complaint. I'm not a prude either, and I'm well aware I'm on the edge of the student ghetto and just a block from frat row. It actually doesn't bother me too much when the neighbors have parties, because they always turn off the music around midnight.

It's the drunkasses stumbling from the parties to their cars (which are parked all over the neighborhood, of course) that were driving me crazy. I'd hear a girl scream bloody murder, then start laughing/giggling for about 5 minutes. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
          Parents, if your children play in the garden, could you kindly stop them from constantly screeching as tho someone is about to murder them?
          Parents won't stop their kids from screeching indoors, you think they care if they do it outside?!

Believe me, I totally agree with you. It's pointless, annoying, and painful for other people to deal with. Had a parent and child in my fabric cutting line, getting a ton of stuff, and the kid had to screech "AAAAIIIIEEEEEKKK!!!" at the top of his lungs and the octave range every five seconds! Just what I needed.

Back OT, there's always idiots partying all night, even on weekdays. I need to get up at six AM, I don't need to hear your über-bass car stereo blasting at top volume and you and your idiot girlfriend having a screaming fight at two AM! STFU and go to bed already!
          Last edited by XCashier; 10-25-2009, 03:43 PM.
          People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
          If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Some of the downstairs elderly people think that these tiny little poorly built and poorly insulated apartments are the PERFECT place to babysit their grandkids......

There have been a few Saturday or Sunday mornings/early afternoons where all I heard for hours was kids screaming and all kinds of rumbling going on from apartments down and a few over!

I know we can't say no kids allowed, but people need to exercise some common sense here. If I'm not allowed to have a lot of people over or party here and be noisy because of how easily it could get loud, then there shouldn't be tons of screaming wailing children staying here, either.....and if they are going to keep insisting on having them there, someone has got to teach those kids to shut the fuck up and that it isn't a house, this is a building where several people live and can hear every single shriek you make!

Comment

Some drunk kids were walking on the street that wraps around the apartments I live at. I could either go straight and pray they would get the hint or just make a left and go around. So what did I do? I gunned it, made a sharp left, scaring the drunks shitless because all they heard was a loud revving engine behind them.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Working...
              X