Facebook's Bizarre Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook's Bizarre Changes

First of all, I prefer the old style before the Creeper Feed started. Wtf is this crap!?

Second, News Feed vs. Live Feed...what the hell is the difference? Why do we need two? This is the dumbest crap ever!

Facebook, just keep it simple you morons!
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

I agree! I just started a facebook like, 3 weeks ago. One day, I have it up, and all of a sudden it's just different! What the hell? It was so simple before the change! And I hate that if you leave it idle, it switches off the live feed and plops it in news feed...so ridiculously stupid!

What's the creeper feed? I'm still too new to this...Are you referring to it telling everyone who you just became friends with or it showing you who tagged who in who's album? Because I didn't remember getting 50 billion updates about that before the change and I find it kind of annoying...
    "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
    "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

It's so annoying, I don't even bother going to my front page, if I can avoid it. I never read any of the feeds, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DesignFox View Post
        What's the creeper feed? I'm still too new to this...Are you referring to it telling everyone who you just became friends with or it showing you who tagged who in who's album? Because I didn't remember getting 50 billion updates about that before the change and I find it kind of annoying...
        Back before the news feed, when you logged on you went straight to your profile. You didn't have a news feed. Then they decided to create a news feed in your profile which was making it easier to creep on people. Then it just devoted the whole first webpage you come to, to being the news feed. News feed equals creepy.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Ah. Since day 1 that I've had it, it's had the newsfeed for me. I didn't realize it didn't do that originally. I don't mind the newsfeed, it's a good reminder that nothing on facebook is really private. I don't like the two separate news/live feeds, though. I think that's completely unnecessary.

I also noticed that it has like, a "loser suggestion box." A friend of mine hasn't been active at all on it, and it tells me A) that he only has 5 friends, B) that he is only 30% active on it and C) suggests that I 1) suggest friends FOR him and 2) write something on his wall.

I thought that was a bit over the top.

Comment

Friend of mine just told me how to fix this:

"To restore Facebook to old look..Look to the top left menu and click on MORE (in blue). Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to the top, click on it. That becomes your default and it will become like before."

Comment

Also, Facebook drastically needs a dislike button.

Comment

I don't like all the friend suggestions it makes for you. And it always shuffles between the same 5-10 people. If I wanted to be their friend, I'd request it, ok?

And the new idea to bring up friends that you haven't interacted with in a while and suggest you write on their wall........fuck off, Facebook. I do what I want.

Comment

I actually like the Live Feed. But I really hate the News Feed. Why do we need that?. I also hate the suggestions. Seriously, why have it? Just have it when you first join up and show it here and there.

Comment

I don't understand why the news feed is "creepy".

It allows people that you have previously selected as a friend to read information that you chose to put out there in public. How is my desire to see what my friends are up to and posting about creepy?

Comment

Yea, I agree with you Boozy. I don't have a problem with the Live-feed. I've only got a little over 50 people I've found on Facebook...I can't imagine clicking through every single home page for them. I like that the Life-feed keeps it all on one page, and if I want to respond to someone specifically, I can THEN go to their page.

I have no delusions that anything I post on there is private. The Live-feed is a good reminder.

Like what some of the others said, I dislike the suggestions section. It only suggests the same 5 or so people, and frankly, if they or I wanted to talk to eachother, we'd just friend eachother. After the 10th time I've ignored it, you'd think it'd change the suggestion.

And I hate that thing about giving suggestions for inactive friends. It feels like it's telling you to pity this person because they "only have X number of friends." WTF?

Comment

Working...
                      X