People who bash things for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who bash things for no reason

This is something that irks me is idiots who bash something for little to no reason without taking the time to learn what they're bashing.

For example, I'm a vegetarian only because I can't stand the taste of meat. When people find out I'm a vegetarian I either get a "That's nice, it's your choice" or a rant about me being brainwashed by PETA. (For the record, I'm not a member of PETA. I'm all for animal rights but the way they go about things is insulting to me.

Another way to put this in perspective is cultures. I am sadly related to idiots who make fun of Japan on some rather hilarious things they think is fact.

This can also apply to TV, music, food, books, races, religions, and just about anything.
    Last edited by ArenaBoy; 08-27-2007, 06:00 PM.
    "You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism."

Simply stated, some people bash things because it's "Fashionable" to do so.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I'm on the same boat. If your going to bash something, at least KNOW why your bashing it. Like your example, your a vegetarian. Cool. you don't eat meat. I like meat. Do you mind if I eat this hot dog, while you get the nachoes? All is well.

I personally have slammed down more people at work for people bashing stuff. I had one idiot screaming and ranting about the stupidity of Bush. (I agree.... but wait for it...) ME: Yeah, I think he rigged it. I know I didn't vote for him, who did you vote for? IDIOT: OH I don't beliving in vote! I never vote on anything!!! ME: Welll, then your a freaking idiot. You have NO right to bitch about Bush, if you didn't even bother to regisiter!! OUT!

Or one time I had a friend coming over, to be with me and freind b. Friend doesn't know that friend B is gay. Friend B knows that Freind is homophobic, but won't start nothing. We hang out all day, and have a great time. All is well. We all say we're alll cool and going to hang out again tomorrow. Friend A askes for handsake, gets a hug from friend B. Friend B hugs me, and he leaves. I chill with friend A and watch movie. I tell him that Friend B is gay.

Now friend B gets angry, and how shit touch him and all that. I told him friend is still friend B, from early. He just gay.

Friend A stays friends with B Friend, however B can't touch him. However they still slap hands, Friend A makes fun of B being gay, and B replies with quips about him not getting laid, and that B neeeds to go help at the cheer leaders school, then the gay guy walks off with the two girls, leaving the straight one alone on friday night.

They are all good friends, friend B got over his fear of homophobics, and Friend A got over his homophobia. It's all good and easy if we talk to each fo r even a day, before past judgment.
      Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
      I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

A friend in TX does the same thing to me. About 2 weeks ago I mentioned to him how I finally got a chance to play with the iPhone. His response: "was it stupid? you know there will be much better knockoffs soon". Er...no, it wasn't "stupid", although I did come up with a few good design questions.

He seems to bash anything I comment positively on just because he can. And if I comment negatively on something, but theorize as to how it could be improved, that gets bashed.

His latest rants are about hybrid cars (of which he knows nothing, at least I've educated myself as to the actual technology involved), alternative fuel (yes I know ethanol from corn is not feasible, wanna hear why and other things we might use? didn't think so)and "the system". When I begin arguing the devil's advocate position to give him something to think about, he digs his heels in and his own argument gets even more logical flaws in it.

To me, that's a fairly clear sign that the person knows not of what they speak (effort expended in arguing one's point seems inversely proportionate to one's knowledge of the subject).
        Last edited by Dreamstalker; 09-16-2007, 02:01 PM.
        "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

I touched upon this in the "message board SCs" thread over at CS, there's just some folks who love being contrarian. I guess there's some thrill out of being against something just for the sake of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CancelMyService View Post
            I guess there's some thrill out of being against something just for the sake of it.
            *nod* I see it as an extension of the whole "it's kewl to be nonconformist" thing.

(wait, aren't nonconformists themselves now conforming to the stereotype of noncomformism?)
            *head asplodey*

That, or some misguided "the establishment is bad" mindset...
            "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

I used to be friends with someone, who bashed everything that I did. Like how he would bash me, for working hard. Because he just worked in the mail room at a bank and had kissed the managers ass, just to keep his job

Comment

Working...
              X