Getting Drunk and Going on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Drunk and Going on Facebook

At the time of doing it, it seems like an awesome idea. It's so much fun!

Then you wake up the next day and your ex/best friend tells you that you sent them a ton of bumper stickers saying that you are still in love with them.

Shit...
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Speaking from first hand experience there?

Comment

I love receiving drunk calls and texts. Love, love, love it.

I wish people drunk dialed me or drunk texted me or drunk-facebooked me more often.

Comment

Most of the time the drunkenness is just a front anyway. Like "beer goggles". Getting drunk doesn't make a girl look better. It just makes it easier to explain to your friends so you don't feel embarassed that she wasn't up to their standards. It's the same with the drunk posting. If you say something that doesn't go over well, you can just blame it on the booze so people will think you're less of a dork.

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
          Like "beer goggles". Getting drunk doesn't make a girl look better. It just makes it easier to explain to your friends so you don't feel embarassed that she wasn't up to their standards.
          I disagree on that one. There have been multiple times where I was drunk and thought a girl was hot as hell. Then when I later saw her while I was sober, I wonder what the hell I was thinking.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

It can also depend on setting. The girl at the bar dressed in her tight leather and shitloads of makeup looks a hell of a lot different in the morning when she's in a ratty bathrobe and all hung over.

Maybe I'm wrong, its just that I've known a shitload of people over the years who feel the need to exaggerate their drunkenness and then use it to cover their tracks.

"Aw man, last night is such a blur! We went to Chili's, had 6 beers, 2 shots of jaeger and a couple of cheeseburgers, then we went to Pete's Bar and had 4 beers, 3 jello shots and a couple of screwdrivers. Then we were walking down maple street and we were throwing rocks at these homeless guys, I kept hitting this guy with the red shirt on, but it was so dirty because he'd been laying in the dirt. And I could tell he'd been on Fourth Street, cuz it was the same color dirt. Yeah, man last night is such a blur! I don't even remember any of it I was so drunk!!!"

Comment

Yea, I feel like people do tend to use being drunk as an excuse for what happened. That whole "I made an ass out of myself but I was so drunk, I didn't remember doing it so it obviously doesn't count!"

Comment

Uhmm..... Guilty

Some of my drunken Facebook status updates:

Kali: Welcome to the Cafe 80's. Where it's always morning in America. Even in the afternoon-noon-noon.

Kali: If I made a band, I'd call it Feel.

Kali: U2, Silverchair, Smashing Pumpkins, Beatles, Crowded House, Coldplay, Regina Spektor, Lisa Mitchell, Frank Zappa, Michael Jackson. THANK YOU ALL!

Kali: I love joss whedon so, so much!!

Kali: wars are really ugly, they're dirty and they're cold.. I don't want nobody to shoot me in the FOXHOLE!

Kali: GAH @ Americans who hate vegemite because when they tried it, they took a dirty great big fucking tablespoon of it and tried to eat it like that. You CAN'T fucking eat Vegemite like that. For the record, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are fucking disgusting, assholes.

Kali: God creates Dinosaurs... God destroys Dinosaurs... God creates Man... Man destroys God... Man creates Dinosaurs.

Kali: Oh god, I'm actually crying to Smooth Criminal.

Kali: Fuck you, Miyamoto.

Kali: I tried to shut the door with telekinesis, but it didn't work. I wonder what the cat is thinking about.

Comment

Must not go on Facebook right now...Must not go on Facebook right now...Must not go on Facebook right now...Must not go on Facebook right now...Must not go on Facebook right now...

Comment

Working...
                  X