Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If It Were Me, I Would Have Done "This"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If It Were Me, I Would Have Done "This"!

Something at CS made me decide on posting this. People posting stories on the Sucky Customers sub-forum, then people respond, "If a customer said that to me, I would have told them off!/I would have hit them!/etc.!"

No, you wouldn't. 99/100 times (probably more), you would just stand there and take it EXACTLY as the story teller did, because you want to go home still with a job.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

*clap, clap!*

This bugs the ever-lovin' SHIT out of me, too. And hats off to the mods for trying valiantly to get people to QUIT doing that!

And you're right, not only would they probably *not* have done what they claim they would, who the f- cares anyway? The point is that someone came to vent about their shitty day, not hear 'shouda-woulda-coulda'.

Comment

I hate that crap. When I hear a friend say it, I just roll my eyes

Comment

Yes, yes, yes, gods YEESS!!!

Couldn't have put it better myself. When I was grabbed/groped/molested/assaulted/whatever you want to call it a few months ago, I got numerous people saying "well, why didn't you just _________?" Or "If it were me, I'd have __________!"

Drives me nuts when anyone does it, and while I've sort of been not really paying attention to CS.com, at least not the SC section. Honestly, been kind of oblivious for a bit, but glad to know the mods are on top of things as always. That's why these two boards are pretty much the only ones I ever frequent anymore.

Greenday, I like this thread topic. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lupo pazzesco View Post
          Greenday, I like this thread topic. Thanks.
          You're very welcome!

I'm just kind of sick of people Coming up with all these BS ideas of what they'd really do when they wouldn't even come close to doing all the crap they talk.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Nice to hear some thanks for the team - it's appreciated.

Rapscallion
            Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
            Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

You know what you should have done???

Nope - neither do I ...
              ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                99/100 times (probably more), you would just stand there and take it EXACTLY as the story teller did, because you want to go home still with a job.
                I also find it annoying when someone says, "Well, I just would have said [insert the perfect bon mot here]".

No, you wouldn't have. The only reason you came up with that now is because you're sitting in the comfort of your home in a non-pressure situation...and it probably took you two full minutes to come up with it. In the heat of the moment, you would have stood there with your mouth hanging open. The Customer From Hell isn't going to stand there and patiently wait for you to come up with some clever repartee.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                  The Customer From Hell isn't going to stand there and patiently wait for you to come up with some clever repartee.
                  Well unlike you I won't still be ugly so there (to customer)

(customer to manager) I want to complain about your employee it took him two minutes to tell me off my time is precious you need to train them in comebacks better
                  Jack Faire
                  Friend
                  Father
                  Smartass

Comment

Sometimes I post, "Well, you reacted a lot better than I would have done" which isn't quite the same. -.- If I were in some of these situations at work, running out back like a frightened deer and/or crying angry tears is more my line than witty comebacks.
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

lol....I knew a guy who did that a lot, like with every single thing in his life. "Man, I got up so tired this morning..."

"well you know what I would have done? I would've made a whole pot of coffee, and immediately chugged it down my throat."

"And go to the hospital, that's great."

"No way man, we used to do it all the time in 'nam. It's called pooching."

"ok. Man this divorce is really kicking my ass. The judge says I have to pay for half of everything, but she gets to keep ALL of everything!"

"You know what I would have told him? I would have stood up in that courtroom and said "FUCK YOU JUDGE!" And I would've gotten away with it, cuz the judge knows I'd kick his ass if he didn't do what I say. Cuz back in 'nam...blah blah blah...

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
                        lol....I knew a guy who did that a lot, like with every single thing in his life. ...
                        "You know what I would have told him? I would have stood up in that courtroom and said "FUCK YOU JUDGE!" And I would've gotten away with it, cuz the judge knows I'd kick his ass if he didn't do what I say. Cuz back in 'nam...blah blah blah...
                        Man, you know what I would've told him?
                        "You don't really know 'Nam, 'cause those of from there don't talk about it.
                        What? I'm only 35? Well that's how bad it was there. It prematurely youthened me."
                        Watch his head assplode!

Comment

Originally posted by Flyndaran View Post
                          Man, you know what I would've told him?
                          Is it intentional or ironic that, in a thread complaining about people who do the "You know what I would have done?" thing, you just did that very thing.
                          Last edited by Ree; 11-09-2009, 11:42 AM.
                          Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
                            Is it intentional or ironic that, in a thread complaining about people who do the "You know what I would have done?" thing, you just did that very thing.
                            Intentionally ironic, of course.

Comment

Working...
                            X