I can do it you can't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can do it you can't

I live in a very small apartment complex so small we don't even have a name. We are just that place. Here are a few things that I have been yelled at for by either other tenants or my landlord plus the other people taking similar actions.

1) "Your garbage can is a tripping hazard keep that inside" I had my closed up large garbage can outside my front door. I have a corner apartment there is no one past me nor any reason to walk that far unless you live here or are visiting someone that does.

I was told to remove my garbage can as it was a tripping hazard and she didn't want other tenants tripping over it. Not only does that make no sense but it is also hypocritical. Here is why throughout the four years I have lived here whenever I get new neighbors in the apartment next to mine they would put out lawn chairs in the walkway treating it like their own personal porch and blocking off 75% of the narrow walkway making it difficult to get through.

My landlord picks up the rent in person saw these all the time and never once asked that they move the lawn chairs.

2) "Will you please move your car it is blocking parking spot c" We do have assigned parking. I understand if one of my friends is in your spot asking him to move. Here is my issue though with what happened.

A tenant asked my friend to move from a spot that wasn't theirs. They then didn't park there nor did anyone else. They just didn't feel like my friend should be allowed to park there.

This is the same tenant that has her friends use empty spaces and when there are no more empty spaces just park anywhere even if it blocks other tenants cars in. I have to park on the street because when I go to work most people are asleep and I never know what morning I wake up that I will find myself taking the bus. (These days I am on the bus all the time but this was annoying before my license got suspended)
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Do not even get me started on hypocritical neighbors. Just. Don't.

Comment

I hear ya, Blas. My parents live next door to the biggest bunch of hypocrites on the planet...

These idiots decided that nobody but them is allowed to park in front of their house. If there's any sort of party/event going on in the neighborhood, they'll immediately move their cars out into the street. Going so far, as to "box in" people if they're parked in front of the *next* house. Annoys the hell out of people, mainly because I've seen their Cadillac in various other places--including the spot in front of my parents' place.

Should mention also that this is the same neighbor who left a rather nasty note demanding "$3 for parking" on one of our cars...after my mother parked in front of their house one night. Since then, I always park in front of that house--what are they going to do, arrest me? I'm sure it torques them off, but as long as I'm not on the grass, there's not a damn thing they can do about it

...and while we're on the subject, not long ago, they got into trouble for throwing their yard waste over their fence...and then got upset when someone (who I'm still unsure of..but I think it was the house directly behind them) dumped *multiple bags* of grass clippings and other crap into their yard. Can't really say I blame the guy--those idiots had been warned *multiple* times to knock it off, including at least once by the cops. Needless to say, nothing came of it...other than the idiots leaving him alone.

Comment

Our neighbors need to go bowling together, protege.

Although I do still have 5 more months without Old Bitch....I must say I despise fall and winter with all of my being, but I do enjoy not having to deal with her for half of the year.

Comment

Working...
        X