No announcement yet.

But that <Book> is the ultimate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the story of Dune and of the Lord of the Rings but honestly, reading them was a headache and a half. I got through all of Lord of the Rings once, and vowed never again. The concepts are great and much of the language but it gets way too bogged down on certain unimportant aspects that you can literally skip ahead pages and miss nothing. I know that Tolkein is a genius and I truly love his STORY, but man, his writing style drives me bonkers.

Same with Dune. I tried to read that book four times and always stopped a chapter or two in. I read to enjoy the imagery, not get a headache and his style totally gives me a headache. The story and the original movie...I love. The book...not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
      ...Macbeth.

I read Julius Caeser in third year; I got to read as Brutus. It was seriously fun; I got to perform stabbage!

Shhhhh don't say that, it's the third time I've had to cross myself since I started reading this thread this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
        I really don't think plays should be read through like books. To me, that's part of what makes them so boring.
        In high school I lucked out and found a shop that sold Shakespeare as graphic novels( full text versions) much more readable in that fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyboy View Post
          Shhhhh don't say that, it's the third time I've had to cross myself since I started reading this thread this morning.
          Like this?
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I was scrambling to find that Blackadder clip, but you beat me to it!

And yeah, Dune. Not a bad book, but the whole series gets weirder and weirder with each book after. It got so weird, I didn't even make it to book 6.

Comment

Working...
            X