No announcement yet.

Trivializing other peoples problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a stepbrother with some debilitating disease. Stuck in a wheelchair his whole life, and basically just sitting there rotting and waiting to die. I get it that his life sucks more than mine does. Except he's got half the world in his corner cheering for him and doing everything they possibly can to make his life better. I have people looking at me saying "Get over it. Your parents are getting divorced? Get the fuck over it. They're using you for a pawn in their games? Yeah well at least you aint in a wheelchair! Get over it! Oh people are constantly screwing with you just for fun? Get the fuck over it! Your older brother beats you unmercilessly because he wants to make himself feel important? Get the fuck over it!"

Comment

Originally posted by DrFaroohk View Post
      I had a stepbrother with some debilitating disease. Stuck in a wheelchair his whole life, and basically just sitting there rotting and waiting to die. I get it that his life sucks more than mine does. Except he's got half the world in his corner cheering for him and doing everything they possibly can to make his life better. I have people looking at me saying "Get over it. Your parents are getting divorced? Get the fuck over it. They're using you for a pawn in their games? Yeah well at least you aint in a wheelchair! Get over it! Oh people are constantly screwing with you just for fun? Get the fuck over it! Your older brother beats you unmercilessly because he wants to make himself feel important? Get the fuck over it!"
      Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, both you and your stepbrother.

While it would surely suck to be in your stepbrothers shoes, at least people wouldn't dare play that "Other people have it worse" card. That would probably be the only benefit of having that kind of trauma. Why can't people realize that it doesn't matter who'se problems are worse?

Comment

Working...
      X