Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size Really Matters!

No, pervs....not that kind of size.

I just want to shout at some people that "This isn't Texas!" when I see the size of random things, and it drives me bonkers.

Purses that are so large, they aren't even the laughable "diaper bag purse" that people have nicknamed large purses....these purses are so big (and usually so colorful and busy and beyond sparkly....and that's saying a lot because I love sparkly and busy) that I wonder if some women are hording next year's Thanksgiving bird in there. I have luggage with wheels that is smaller than those purses.

Strollers. Strollers the size of small sedans. Seriously? Especially when there is only one kid in there. I understand little Johnny is a big boy now, but he doesn't need a stroller the size of a Dodge Neon......and try going shopping in stores where the idiot mother parks the mammoth strollers wherever they please and you can't get to anything because of it.

SUVS....can they get any bigger? Especially when SUV stands for Sport Utility Vehicle....not status symbol or Yuppie mobile or Soccer Mom Orgasm, which is what they probably should stand for.......I'm starting to wonder if soon parking spaces will have to be repainted just to make them bigger so that Titanic sized SUVS can park between the lines.

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
    SUVS....can they get any bigger? Especially when SUV stands for Sport Utility Vehicle....not status symbol or Yuppie mobile or Soccer Mom Orgasm, which is what they probably should stand for.......I'm starting to wonder if soon parking spaces will have to be repainted just to make them bigger so that Titanic sized SUVS can park between the lines.
    It wouldn't matter if the parking spaces were 747-sized. You'd still get some idiot parking over the lines

Comment

You do have a point, but I was just sayin....good lord, how big do you need the damn thing? Most of them probably DON'T live on a farm or ever do any off roading or hunting or haul anything.

Oh, and I forgot something....those damn pickup trucks that have "hips"....you know what I'm talking about right....why do those side mirrors have to be nearly 10 feet out to the side and several times larger than needed? Gawd that looks fucking stupid!

Comment

Strollers. Strollers the size of small sedans. Seriously? Especially when there is only one kid in there. I understand little Johnny is a big boy now, but he doesn't need a stroller the size of a Dodge Neon.
        Not to mention on the train. I get these parents getting on a crowded train and glaring at all of us adults standing there as if we should get off the train and wait for the next one so their little precious' stroller will fit.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Oh that has to be absolutely terrible.....I get riled up when they do it in small stores, I can only imagine busses and trains!

Comment

You do have a point, but I was just sayin....good lord, how big do you need the damn thing? Most of them probably DON'T live on a farm or ever do any off roading or hunting or haul anything.

Oh, and I forgot something....those damn pickup trucks that have "hips"....you know what I'm talking about right....why do those side mirrors have to be nearly 10 feet out to the side and several times larger than needed? Gawd that looks fucking stupid!
            The mirrors are for when the trucks have a trailer attached. Especially box trailers or cattle trailers. The duals (or hips) are for increased traction off road or for increased towing/hauling power. Most of the people I see with a dually are actually farmers who need them.

Comment

I think it's a sex thing.

Clearly, the hips make the truck look more like a woman's bottom half.

Comment

Oh that has to be absolutely terrible.....I get riled up when they do it in small stores, I can only imagine busses and trains!
                It sucks.

A LOT!

And without fail, despite having a stroller the size of Kansas, there's the diaper bag as well, equally as huge, plus the kiddie, (which can't ride the bus in the stroller, must be in the lap or on a seat.

And the whole time mom is glaring at the entire bus because we obviously don't cherish her precious widdle bundle of joy enough to cram ourselves all at the back end of the bus so she can have the entire front row to herself, or to get off of said bus because even though we were on their first, she as a mother takes precedence.

What? me? bitter? Never!

Comment

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
                  Most of the people I see with a dually are actually farmers who need them.
                  Locally though, people buy big trucks (or cars) simply because they can. Never mind that you'd need your own oil well to fill some of their tanks

In the US, people have associated big cars with having "made it." That attitude has been prevalent since the 1930s, and got worse in the '50s. Eventually though, many people saw "land yachts" as excessive...causing the "Big 3" to downsize things in the 1980s. Didn't last--as soon as gas got relatively cheap again in the 1990s, vehicles again started to grow.

Bigger is better, I guess

Comment

Originally posted by protege View Post
                    Bigger is better, I guess
                    Only as far as the engines go. US needs more muscle cars.

Originally posted by daleduke17 View Post
                    Most of the people I see with a dually are actually farmers who need them.
                    And if they were the only ones who used them, we wouldn't care. But living in the suburbs, where you will never go off-road or carry large loads, there is no necessary reason for the waste of space.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Unless you're a contractor, or other construction worker. I've seen a number of such trucks carrying AC units, furniture and general debris/materials.

I'll admit to wanting to buy a hummer, not one of those H2 or H3 wimpy versions though, I'm talking an original Hummer... hold the armor

... but that's just 'cause Hummers are awe-to-the-some... honest!
                      All units: IRENE
                      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

If the hummer doesn't have armor, bulletproof windows, and a machine gun on top of it, it's kinda a waste.
                        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Well I can't have armor of that rating at all anymore... I'm not so sure about the bullet-proof windows... but chances are those are illegal too... and the Machine gun? I'd be better off asking if I could mount a howitzer to it.

Besides, if I wanted to destroy fellow drivers, I'd just have to roll up over their asses

In all due seriousness, though, if I could own a nice M60 to put on top for show on special occasions or during the zombie apocalypse... I'd go for it.

In actual due seriousness, is there really a problem here? People like big cars, and they're going to buy them regardless of whether or not they actually need them. Same as it is with awesome computers, big TVs, or ridiculously insane firearms (I needs moar Masada). Most of the time it's not needed:

But It's Sure as Hell COOL
                          All units: IRENE
                          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Don't forget, boys; the bigger the car, the smaller the penis.

I hate those huge baby buggies and people carriers, too; usually with just one child in them. Most of the women who have either are huge entitlement whores who can't drive for shit and end up shooting out of side turnings without looking. I once beeped my horn and swore at this bitch who did that, nearly hitting my motorbike side on. She stopped in the middle of the road and glared at me as if it was my fault that she hadn't opened her fucking eyes and actually looked before she drove out of a side turning. It being summer, she had her windows open so I shouted at her, "If I was driving a lorry, your child would be dead!" It then seemed to hit her, and she stalled the people carrier in the middle of the road and just sat there.
                            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Ugh, I hate big cars as well, and those giant strollers....they are fine if you know how to drive them (that goes for both the cars AND the strollers)

Though I am guilty of the large bag...I carry so much crap with me (wallet, water bottle, pocket knife, brush, iPod, phone, whatever lil things of interest I may need to carry with me...call me a kender, ha!)

Comment

Working...
                              X