People who won't STFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who won't STFU

What is it with some people who talk all the time? Do they enjoy the sound of their own voice that much? Do they not notice that the person they are taliking to have interest in listening? I have came so close to screaming out "For the love of God, PLEASE shut the fuck up!!!!!!!" I don't think I will be able to hold that in much longer because, leaving the room, working on the computer, talking on the phone while they a blah, blah, blahing away sure as hell doesn't work.

I had a neighbor like that my mom kept insisting I be polite but it would take literally 30 minutes (yes I mean literally) to excuse yourself.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

I live with a person like this. Heaven help me, we're always telling him to shut up. What gets to me is, when we're in a vehicle, he'll be perfectly quiet until I turn on the radio, then he turns into motormouth. I shut off the radio so I can hear his blathering, and he shuts up. Turn it back on, he starts talking. If it were about something substantial, maybe I wouldn't mind, but it's usually drivel.

I think people do this because they don't understand or appreciate the beauty of not-so-awkward silences.
      A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

I have a neighbor like that, but he's kind of "special". He's just the annoying type of person that you're better off just avoiding and not humoring because he'll never leave you alone after that.

If you're nice to him and let him talk and talk, he will then go beyond beyond beyond invading your personal space. It all started out with me just being nice and letting him babble while I was outside smoking, then it led to him peeking out his windows to see if I was outside, waiting for me to go out to my car before work or coming back after work, and the worst of all was when he just randomly tried coming over!

I just thank goodness that that one time, my boyfriend was over and he was so creeped out himself at that lunatic that he told me that I'd better go to my landlord and get it straightened out, because he was starting to worry if I was safe living there.

Comment

Lady Barbarosa, maybe it's not him talking. After all, it's tied to the radio being on... maybe he's picking up and broadcasting some sort of signal?

Comment

We also have a neighbour who doesn't shut up and doesn't go home.

You can literally hand him his coat, steer him towards the door, tell him to have a good night -- and still he stands there, yapping. He's so thick he doesn't understand that you're asking him to leave.

Comment

Ugh. I work with someone like that. "Amy" simply won't shut the fuck up. It's bad enough she sounds like Janice from Friends...but still. Every event in her life, turns into about 3 weeks worth of office drama. Seriously--if I have to hear about how she doesn't have a couch just *one* more fucking time...I'm going to throttle her. With that said, it's no wonder many people just tune her out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                We also have a neighbour who doesn't shut up and doesn't go home.

You can literally hand him his coat, steer him towards the door, tell him to have a good night -- and still he stands there, yapping. He's so thick he doesn't understand that you're asking him to leave.
                We have a neighbor like that too. He doesn't like me so much. I don't talk to him, I'm a pretty shy person. I'm even worse when I'm in a quiet mood (Girlfriend, family, best friend and coworkers all hate it, really.) I pretty much become a mute and he keeps talking away. After about 10-15 minutes he realizes I'm not responding and he just walks away mad.

He will trap my brother for several hours when my brother is working on his pickup. I just let my brother suffer for a while (if I notice it happening) then call him on his phone so he has an excuse to leave. My family (except for me, apparently, and sometimes my brother can be a real dick) pretty much goes out of their way to not offend people.
                Crooked banks around the world would gladly give a loan today so if you ever miss a payment they can take your home away.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBarbossa View Post
                  What gets to me is, when we're in a vehicle, he'll be perfectly quiet until I turn on the radio, then he turns into motormouth. I shut off the radio so I can hear his blathering, and he shuts up. Turn it back on, he starts talking. If it were about something substantial, maybe I wouldn't mind, but it's usually drivel.
                  My husband does that too, and it drives me batty (and for some reason, he always does it during a song I like!). If you have something important to say, like "turn left at the next intersection" or "watch out for that dog!" then yeah, say it. If you want to talk about your day, I'll turn off the radio and we can chat. But what's wrong with a stretch of companionable silence with some good tunes in the background? We're not living on Kakrafoon, you don't have to talk constantly.
                  People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                  If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Dear god its my grandmother. Hate to say this but when I was younger I use to put the phone down when she’d call and come back 20 minutes later. She’d still be talking away with out even realizing I‘d left.

Comment

Haha, Kitter, everyone in my family used to get away with doing that to my grandma. And the sad thing is, we didn't miss anything in the conversation. My theory is, for some people, words actually take up physical space in their brains. Thinking of all those words and sentences builds up pressure, which they must eventually release. If they don't their heads will explode and make a mess of your carpet.

We had a guy who lived in my dorm hall in college who was a talker like that. He'd just keep talking, even if, like some other people have mentioned on here, you led him to the door.He got away with doing that to everyone but my roommate, who would led him toward the door one day, talking amiably and then, once he was outside, my roommate shut the door in his face and locked it. I have never simultaneously felt so bad for someone and laughed hysterically, before or since.

Comment

Amy's done it again... She arrived at the office around 8, and spent the next 1.5 hours bitching and complaining about the argument she had with a friend last night. Her main beef with this friend, is that "every conversation is about her," and "she tells the same stories over and over."

When I heard that, I was like, "are you fucking kidding me?" Who has spent the past 6 months whining that there's no couch in her apartment, or the past 2 weeks about the dog shitting in the kitchen? Who tells the same stories in endless circles for hours

Seriously, nobody here cares. We comment on your life simply to appear polite--most of us want you to shut the fuck up!

Comment

You have my sympathy Protege. The person I spoke of in my post is someone who sits at the desk next to me. Thank God she is only part time. I posted becasue I actually felt myself getting warm and thought I was about to blow up. Having this place saved me that day.

A friend of my hubby called the other night. I ignored the landline call, but when he called on my hubby's cell, I answered (hubby was in the shower) because there was a possibility it could have been important.......ummmm....nope, no such luck. Friend has gone off the deep end with his political beliefs and wants to share his knowledge with everyone. Holy hell, it is just as bad as someone wanting to share with me their newfound personal relationship with Jesus. I will admit; I put the phone down, went into the bathroom to tell hubby he owed me bigtime, went back to the phone and I swear my absence wasn't noticed. I had to interupt him to say that I had to call my daughter because I missed a call from her and it could be important, then hung up fast. The thing is, he knows he talks too much and irritates the fuck out of everyone. He admitted that a couple times during the call.

Comment

I'll admit I am that coworker, roommate, neighbor sometimes. The difference being that I've learned to stop myself before I chew someone's ear off.

Now I just figure that when people do it to me it's my commeuppence for the times I've done it to others.
                            The Internet Is One Big Glass House

Comment

Amy's latest mess...surrounds her upcoming 30th birthday. She's actually throwing the party herself, and then whining about how she's nervous that anyone will show up. This has actually been going on the past 2 weeks...and she's worked up about it so much, that she hasn't been sleeping well. I have a feeling that if she doesn't settle down, she's going to have a heart attack before she turns 35

Not even Lifetime has this much drama!

...and before I get slammed, yes, I can go on about things I'm into. Anyone who has read my LJ knows that I can drone on about whatever broke on the MG, or whatever project I'm working on. But, there's a difference. My readers have the option of not opening up my LJ. Also, I don't give myself migraines if something breaks--to me, the LJ is a way that I can rant about whatever's wrong...and sparing everyone else from having to listen about it

Comment

Working...
                              X