No announcement yet.

"cyclists shold stay off the roads"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlaqueKatt: Does Critical Mass obey all traffic laws? If they're the group I think they are, then they deliberately break as many as possible, in which case they deserve ZERO respect or recognition; they seem to be trying to get hit so that they have more to complain about. If they're some other group, then I apologize profusely.

edit: Oh, one more thing: how would you go about designing a bike lane that *isn't* crossed by right-turning traffic? I don't think it's possible.
    Last edited by HYHYBT; 01-12-2010, 03:21 AM.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

From GD's link to Critical Mass, I did notice the various offshoots and counter-protests to it. Including the Critical Manners - "According to the Critical Mass book, a similar project known as Courteous Mass is described as "an alternative to Critical Mass." Courteous Mass was discontinued in late 2002 due to "lack of interest".[30]"

What, actually going for a ride and obeying all the relevant road laws is a bad thing, but going for a ride with an intention to disrupt traffic is ok? BK, I think that there is the biggest example of the problem you are facing.
      ZOE: Preacher, don't the Bible got some pretty specific things to say about killing?

SHEPHERD BOOK: Quite specific. It is, however, Somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps.

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post

edit: Oh, one more thing: how would you go about designing a bike lane that *isn't* crossed by right-turning traffic? I don't think it's possible.
        Tie it to the crosswalks. Extend them a little bit but make it so the only place it intersects with right turning cars is when they are turning right.

Currently some bike lanes are on the right side of the road and go straight.

The ones I am referring to as you approach the corner the bike lane curves further into the road and to the right of the bike lane becomes a right turn lane for cars.

This means cars are switching lanes from the left of the cyclists to the right of the cyclists driving over the bike lane to do so BEFORE turning. Meaning that bikes are essentially forced to change lanes while never actually leaving the bike path they have to hope some moron in to big a hurry doesn't slam into them while passing through the bike lane.
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          BlaqueKatt: Does Critical Mass obey all traffic laws? If they're the group I think they are, then they deliberately break as many as possible, in which case they deserve ZERO respect or recognition; they seem to be trying to get hit so that they have more to complain about. If they're some other group, then I apologize profusely.
          They are the same group, and have actually been documented as not only trying to get hit, but faking accidents to file lawsuits and engage in mob attacks on drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
            They are the same group, and have actually been documented as not only trying to get hit, but faking accidents to file lawsuits and engage in mob attacks on drivers.
            I haven't shopped around in awhile, but are coffins still cheaper than lawsuits?
            (I'm only asking a question, not advocating untimely death.)

Comment

Originally posted by Vagabond View Post
              I haven't shopped around in awhile, but are coffins still cheaper than lawsuits?
              I saw a coffin in a second hand store once it kind of tripped me up
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

*blink blink*
                Second hand? Doesn't that usually mean previously used? Granted, my dream car is a hearse, but I don't know about having a previously used coffin lying around. But then, if I'm not going into it... Hmmmm... where was that second hand shop?

Comment

The ones I am referring to as you approach the corner the bike lane curves further into the road and to the right of the bike lane becomes a right turn lane for cars.
                  Oh! I thought you meant the cars shouldn't cross it while actually making the turn. No, bike lanes should *never* be between car lanes.

Second hand? Doesn't that usually mean previously used? Granted, my dream car is a hearse, but I don't know about having a previously used coffin lying around.
                  Well, you know, with all the vampires and zombies around nowadays, sometimes the occupants just don't need them anymore...
                  "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

*blink blink*
                    Second hand? Doesn't that usually mean previously used? Granted, my dream car is a hearse, but I don't know about having a previously used coffin lying around. But then, if I'm not going into it... Hmmmm... where was that second hand shop?
                    I want a hearse with a luggage rack then when people ask me about it I will respond, "Well see now you can take it with you!"

The place was closed at the time and I was on my way to a party so didn't get a chance to check. My guess is it was a specially made coffin that someone either sold to pay a debt or decided they no longer wanted.
                    Jack Faire
                    Friend
                    Father
                    Smartass

Comment

Okay, odd tangent that this reply took...

I was thinking more in the line of waving a driver to go at an intersection then book out right in front of them, or sitting in the middle of the intersection goading drivers to try and move them, then if there's the slightest brush, the CM people swarm the vehicle while threatening a lawsuit. I should not, that even though they do this, they will not phone the police and will make considerable effort to prevent people from doing so. No sense in them going to jail for "being right".

Comment

Working...
                      X