Why so anti-social?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    Wait, they docked points for what you did during your break? Isn't that kind of illegal?
    No, they were docking points for not being social enough when NOT on break. They claimed they didn't want us being social in between calls and wanted us working on their project instead. But yet, when my review came around, they docked me for listening to them.

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

I've actually had someone say to me: "Why don't you like being human and being normal, don't you want to have friends?" It made me so upset I cried.
      "I like him aunt Sarah, he's got a pretty shield. It's got a star on it!"

- my niece Lauren talking about Captain America

Comment

I'm mostly an introvert. I don't mind being social with my friends and family. I love doing stuff with my BFF and her hubby (really convenient since we now all three live together!). We go out, play video games, board games, and just goof around. I love that.

However YOU, Obnoxious Co-worker...I don't LIKE YOU. I don't want to talk to you even when it pertains to my job, so I most especially don't want to talk to you during my break or spend time with you and your friends OUTSIDE of work. No, it's not cuz I'm a loner, no, it's not cuz I'm a bitch (even though I'm both).

Trust me, it's not me, it's YOU.

Comment

What's funny is those coworkers who "worry about you cuz your not social" and yet they don't want you to be social with them just other people in the office.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

What I always found funny was at the lifeguard job I had over the summer, I'd get guys coming up to me and asking why I was outside by myself reading instead of inside with them and talking. So I'd go inside for a bit. Did anybody talk to me or really let me talk? Nope. Did I really care about their conversation? Nope. So why should I ruin my temperature adjustment (over 100 to 60 some back to 100...that's hard) and my break having to be reminded I don't fit in?
            I has a blog!

Comment

I'm more or less an introvert, while I like don't mind being social with people what I *DO* need is at least an hour or so by myself each day. On my breaks I have a book to my face, some co-workers don't seem to understand that means "shut the fuck up and leave me alone" -- I deal with people for seven to nine hours a day, five days a week. I don't want to socialize with other people during my break while I'm trying not to think about what to say to someone without exploding.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
                No, they were docking points for not being social enough when NOT on break. They claimed they didn't want us being social in between calls and wanted us working on their project instead. But yet, when my review came around, they docked me for listening to them.

CH
                Okay, still screwed up though. You tell you not to do one thing then you get in trouble for not doing it.

Comment

Working...
                X