"If you love your job quit complaining about it"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If you love your job quit complaining about it"

I don't know who else gets this from people but it seems to me that if you at any point tell people that you love your job they will remember you said this.

Later when you have a rough day at work and talk about it they will throw it back in your face, "Guess you don't love your job now," or "What? But I thought you looove your job,"

Seriously why do people do this why does it have to be you either love your job and never have a bad day or you hate your job and everyday sucks?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

That's why I always tell people...that I like what I do, but not the bullshit that goes along with it. I enjoy solving the various 'puzzles' that show up on my desk every day. What I don't like, is having my boss bust my balls because said 'puzzles' aren't finished "quickly enough." Pardon my French, but fuck that shit.

Comment

Because people don't understand the difference between a job and the utter crap that may happen while working it. (read: asshattery)

Same thing happens with more or less any activity. If I'm venting about some moron inflicting themselves on an otherwise perfectly good day of airsoft, it's always "But I thought you looooooove airsoft!?!?"

It's fun, and I love it. But I hate it when people will literally ignore that I've dumped half a mag into their face and just go on shooting me/my team. *grrrr*
      All units: IRENE
      HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Complaining is part of why I love my job. Bitching about the company with my manager and co-workers is fun. If I weren't so certain that my company was run by a bunch of morons, I'd assume they did it on purpose to promote comraderie, much like a platoon drill sargeant.

Comment

Working...
        X