Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When something doesn't work the way it's supposed to (language and extreme anger)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When something doesn't work the way it's supposed to (language and extreme anger)

Well a few days ago, I had this nasty trojan that blocked access to just about everything. It said my Mcafee was hacked, my internet was hacked, just about everything. To make a long story short, with help, I had to have my computer rebooted to the way it was when I first got it. This means all the add ons, cookies, and files I had were gone, my internet doesn't have all the capibilities it used to. Obviously, I can still post on forums such as these, but because I lost adobe flash, I cannot view youtube, and I need my youtube fix.

I also have to say that when it comes to computers, I am kind of an idiot. Yes, I know how to turn it on and use the internet, but there's a lot that's confusing to me, including installing. Obviously, I DID NOT restore this computer myself and when I do things such as set up and installation, I rely on friends and family to get it working. Well, I'm tired of relying on them so I'm trying to learn how to do things. I fugure, hey a simple installation shouldn't be too difficult, I've done it before and there's a link right there that should install it. I click the link, hit the installation button after reading the brief instructions and agreement, volia! It installs! Now I just gotta run it. After a few security warnings which I was told I was to suspect, I get it running...

Or so I thought or I wouldn't be posting this here. Apparently, it said it was complete, but those bars showed it at about 99.9% complete and never went away to confirm the installation. So I go on youtube and get the same crap about needing adobe flash EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY FUCKING INSTALLED IT! After 50 more tries with the same results, I have a meltdown! I NEED my youtube fix and this simple installation isn't FUCKING working properly! GOD DAMN IT!!!

This isn't the first time I get this. There's been many times when I follow the instructions just the way I'm supposed to and the thing doesn't fuckin' work! There's always some little thing that gets in the way and I need to ask others for help, feeling like an idiot! I WANT to be able to learn things on my own, but when I follow the instructions the way I'm supposed to and still get no results, I flip my lid!

I AM ONE FUCKING TENTH PERCENT AWAY FROM COMPLETING THE INSTALLATION YET THE STUPID THING NEVER GOES THROUGH!! WHY CAN'T THE MOTHER FUCKER JUST INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I SHOULD be able to do this on my own, but there's alway gotta be a problem! GAH!!!!

*hugs* You are not stupid for not being computer savvy.. some are some aren't. There is nothing wrong with needing help.. Heck I am great with computers.. I suck at basic math and the like...

I would recommend trying to reboot your comp. Sometimes a program needs the comp to reboot after install.

Comment

Personally I enjoy it when my friends come to me with computer stuff. I don't think any less of them because they aren't as nerdy as me to understand everything about computers (which I don't but I know my way around pretty well). Makes me feel like I accomplish something important.

Only time I don't like it is when my mom asks me to do stuff. I hate it because she has to watch every single thing I do so she knows what I'm doing (which she never seems to remember) and has to ask me to explain every click of the mouse and touch of a key.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Yeah, something definately isn't working the way it's supposed to. I did everything I remember from installation, it still says I need adobe flash or javascript. I tried enabling javascript, it's already enabled so I know that's not the problem. I tried rebooting it too, but that didn't work either.

Maybe it's because I have add ons disabled? IDK. I just wish I knew what was done with my computer before I had it fixed.

Comment

Can you look in your add/remove programs and see if you are given an option to uninstall? Get rid of that, if it's there, reboot, and try again?

Rapscallion
          Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
          Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
            Can you look in your add/remove programs and see if you are given an option to uninstall? Get rid of that, if it's there, reboot, and try again?

Rapscallion
            I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Comment

DOH!!!

The problem was that stupid ad on that was disabling my adobe. The solution was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME BUT I DIDN'T SEE IT! DAMN!

Well, at least the problem is fixed now. If only I could have noticed the add on in the first place...

Comment

Working...
              X