No announcement yet.

Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege, I could start a whole different thread about this at a later time, but for now, I'll just say that tonight on the news, there was a story about how people have been complaining all winter about the extreme half-assed plowing and sanding that the city has been doing since the snow began......

Thanks to budget cuts, which means some retard decided that keeping the streets safe wasn't important enough, that's why we have instances like last week where there was 3 inches or better on the main roads several hours after the snow began and it still wasn't plowed until later that afternoon, and why many roads are only half-assed plowed, left to form ice and bumps and winter cake (ice over snow over ice over snow, etc) and they just hope and pray for random "thaws" to get rid of it.

That's one part of the budget that should NEVER get cut. It's fucking Wisconsin for Christ sakes, a state notorious for snow and deep freezes.

Comment

When I was a kid growing up in Montana we got three feet of snow one year. Since I lived across the street from the school my mom made me walk there. We went outside for recess.

A couple years later I moved to Oregon it snowed an inch and they all panicked freaking out and closed the schools and just about everything else I was laughing.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
        Actually, global warming CAN lead to more snow. See, the colder it is, the less moisture the atmosphere can hold, and therefore the less likely that it will snow. When temperatures warm up a little, atmospheric moisture increases, and you get the white stuff.
        Thanks, to a meteorologist hearing that "its too cold for global warming" is like hearing "there's no price tag, it's free!!" (I say this in jest folks, I'm not talking about gw in this thread )

Snow doesn't irk me as much as ice on roads....or the asshats in SUVs who cannot clean off the top of their cars. It's called a broom, peeps.

Comment

To all those that drive on icy roads if you spin out it's a great sign your vehicle can't handle the road and you should hop a bus. Not a sign to straighten up drive another two inches to spin out again.

I once had a guy almost hit me hit his brakes at the last minute spun out ended up facing the other way. I freaked out the person driving because I had a zen calm about the whole thing.
          Jack Faire
          Friend
          Father
          Smartass

Comment

This year, Michigan has been pretty awesome, like I said. I am finally able to not stress out when I hear snow's a-comin' (which started thanks to Pittsburgh, where I moved from). But last year in MI, it was a lot worse. They kept saying that the county I loved in was going to be in trouble because they ran out of SALT. Yeah, funny thing about that... there are FUCKING SALT MINES IN MICHIGAN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat View Post
              Thanks, to a meteorologist hearing that "its too cold for global warming" is like hearing "there's no price tag, it's free!!" (I say this in jest folks, I'm not talking about gw in this thread )

Snow doesn't irk me as much as ice on roads....or the asshats in SUVs who cannot clean off the top of their cars. It's called a broom, peeps.
              OMFG! you're too late! WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

*cue three hour global warming WAAAAGH!*

...On topic: I once witnessed someone who hadn't cleaned the snow off their roof pull to a stop, and the whole sheet slid forward and down onto their windshield try getting to work now!
              All units: IRENE
              HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Working...
              X