Offending people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offending people

I know misleading thread title. It isn't that I wish I didn't offend people it's that I wish I didn't offend people. Let me explain.

Early this morning on my way into the office I was being quiet and not talking to coworkers riding the same bus. After deboarding the bus one threw one of those (sarcasm) oh so witty cliches at me, "Another day another dollar huh".

I glared for two reasons. One I was pointedly ignoring contact with the human race as I hadn't even reached my bloody desk yet. Two I once worked with a guy who said that daily because I once while trying to psych myself up uttered it.

Rather than let it go he came up to me later and asked what, "that dirty look was for".

I do not like that I apparently must never have a negative emotion for fear of having someone offended because my face reflected my irritation.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I'm offended.

Comment

Your being offended has offended me!

Comment

Your offense over that other person's offense, is offending!

EDIT: We apologize for the posting of this derivative joke, those responsible for the sacking of the previous joke-writers, have been sacked.

....cookie for the reference

On topic: As if the world not cowering under the might of their charm and wit is some sort of grave insult. Then there are the types who're offended at the very existence of people not like them, it's all down hill from here
        All units: IRENE
        HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Monty Python reference for the win! XD Holy Grail, if I remember rightly.

Sometimes offending people is fun... just watch Life Of Brian!
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Monty Python reference for the win! XD Holy Grail, if I remember rightly.

Sometimes offending people is fun... just watch Life Of Brian!
            Have a cookie *gives cookie*

Worship the gourd!
            All units: IRENE
            HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Working...
            X