Being asked to abandon Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being asked to abandon Family

My dad has passed away, my older brother took one too many drugs and is smacked out of his gourd, my younger brother is still so angry about my dad that he hides in a shell, my sister is well she just is. The only person that while affected relativly unchanged is my mom.

My mom is the only family I have left that is close. My mom pulls a lot of BS most of which I avoid. My friend loves his mom thinks she is great. Every friend of mine has parents, family, siblings at least someone that they grew up with that they can hold close while they cut other members of their family out.

These same friends see the BS my mom pulls and immediatly insist that I am a moron if I don't tell her to get out of my life and cut her off.

It may not make sense to them but I get angry listening to people with plenty of family tell me to get rid of the only family I have. I went off on my best friend yesterday told him that when he gives up his entire family he can ask me to give up mine.

*sighs* I am just sick of hearing about how bad my mom is from them.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Completely cutting off your family is a choice you, and only you can make. I have know only one person who’s gone down that road and while for her it was for the best, its not something to take lightly. I think everyone has at least one family member that they’ve removed from their life. Wither it be Mom, Dad, sister, brother or cousin, Aunt or Uncle its still your choice to make.

I myself have placed up some blockades for most of my family members. I wont lend them money, I wont clean their house, I wont deal with them trying to lie to me, but for all the hell they put me through their still family so as of yet I haven’t completely written them off. Just let your friends know you already know the problems your Mom puts you through, your not an idiot after all, but its still your Mom and your not going to write her off just to make them feel good.

Comment

Yeah I did last night and my mom knows there are limits to our interaction as well and that I will not injure myself to further her causes.

My friends see the couple of times I do help her and how she acts about it and don't let it drop. I think last night they got the message. Not proud of it but I was angry and to let off steam I put my sword through my bedroom door.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Working...
      X